What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
I think I need to get onto Unforgotten, during my furlough last few months i've watched Informer, Safe House, One Of Us, McMafia, Collateral (not the cruise one) and Marcella, all BBC-esque crime mystery dramas.

Soldato
I think we've had similar taste before, so which one or two would you highlight as being the best?

Informer was a total sleeper hit for me, Paddy Considine in the lead, was engrossed and binged in a single sitting. - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7161312/

Probably rate Collateral 2nd, really jarring seeing Carey Mulligan back to playing British after all the American stuff she's done in recent years.. - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6729080/

Marcella is superb but it's a series whereas the others are standalone.

Soldato
Informer was a total sleeper hit for me, Paddy Considine in the lead, was engrossed and binged in a single sitting. - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7161312/

Probably rate Collateral 2nd, really jarring seeing Carey Mulligan back to playing British after all the American stuff she's done in recent years.. - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6729080/

Marcella is superb but it's a series whereas the others are standalone.

Great, thanks. Will probably check all three out :)

Soldato
Season 2 has a good payoff but all the characters are completely unlikable.

I've heard great things about S3 but still have general bad taste of S2 in my mouth and haven't watched yet.

Yeah, I struggled with the characters, none are particularly likeable. I guess keeping up to season 1 standards was always unlikely. Maybe will try season 3 sometime as I do hear its better.

Soldato
Greys Anatomy season 17 2 episodes in. With COVID masks it’s a bit odd and and the writing has dropped off a cliff. Hope it gets better.

Also just started Flight Attendant and 3 episodes in I’m hooked, really not what I expected - crime, suspense, thriller, black comedy!

Finished Snowpiercer a week or so ago, really enjoyed it, bit of silly/fun end of the world dystopia.

I hope Melanie survived somehow.

Soldato
Yeah, I struggled with the characters, none are particularly likeable. I guess keeping up to season 1 standards was always unlikely. Maybe will try season 3 sometime as I do hear its better.
Season 3 is great, not season 1 great as that’s hard for anything to top, but very much top tier television :)

Soldato
For some reason season 2 actually held my attention more than season 1. Rachel McAdams probably helped lol :p
Starting season 3 tonight :)

I actually didn't mind season 2 either but season 3 was fantastic!

Watching Mandolorian Season 2. 4 episodes in and quite enjoying it..one thing I do find a little annoying is that each episode is just another mission/task and although there is the main story, it just doesn't seem flow well.

Soldato
Also just started Flight Attendant and 3 episodes in I’m hooked, really not what I expected - crime, suspense, thriller, black comedy!

I had wondered about putting this on my list. Maybe I should?

Watching Mandolorian Season 2. 4 episodes in and quite enjoying it..one thing I do find a little annoying is that each episode is just another mission/task and although there is the main story, it just doesn't seem flow well.

I think I said something similar, to me it's rather over-rated. It is good, but it's not great by any means, very simple and I believe aimed at a very broad audience that includes young children perhaps. It is very well done, well presented and all, I think I'm not a big enough Star Wars fan to appreciate it like some do though :)

Man of Honour
Greys Anatomy season 17 2 episodes in. With COVID masks it’s a bit odd and and the writing has dropped off a cliff. Hope it gets better.

Colour me dumb, with a short attention span, but I gave up Flight Attendant halfway through ep 3, I can’t get my head around all the scene shifting, screen splitting, time and location jumping, dead guy appearing stuff.
My wife, the superior intelligence being, loves it, I thought that Kaley Cuoco was great looking in “8 Simple Rules”, but a bad second to Amy Davidson in the “I would” department, and Kaley is very attractive in TBBT AND Flight Attendant, but FA is not for me, but I hope that you guys enjoy it.

Soldato
I think I said something similar, to me it's rather over-rated. It is good, but it's not great by any means, very simple and I believe aimed at a very broad audience that includes young children perhaps. It is very well done, well presented and all, I think I'm not a big enough Star Wars fan to appreciate it like some do though :)

If you had a scale of star wars fan, 1 being someone totally uninterested and 10 being someone who is totally conversant with all SW media, i'd be about 7/8, my sons middle nam

I have found both seasons while entertaining, overall decidedly average, there have been a few poor episodes but mostly watchable with a handful of standout moments. It does as you say, have massively broad appeal and I think it suffers for it. The writing is basic, it's very much mission of the week as @shadow_boxer said and there is only slight character development.

What it does remarkably well however is remind me of the Star Wars I grew up with and loved, the original trilogy, it absolute nails the feel of those movies. The effects are superb, the action entertaining, it's just the actual writing which suffers somewhat.

I honestly believe, if not for the massive backlash around Eps 7,8,9 and Solo, it wouldn't be so well loved. It's only because the majority of the new Star Wars movies were so incredibly poor, this seems so good by comparison.

Back
Top Bottom