US police thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Just to keep this stuff out of the Chauvin thread which is about an ongoing trial not any other random police incidents I thought I'd create a separate thread fo that stuff, here are some of the talking points, pls carry on discussing them in here if you want to instead of in the thread that has little to do with these incidents:

America is so messed up, it must be a terrifying experience to be stopped by the police.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56707979

I know its the daily fail, but its swings and roundabouts in the US

Above you have a copper being an a hole.

Below you have a copper being executed on a routine traffic stop

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...9-jumps-truck-shoots-dead-New-Mexico-cop.html

Also just watched Sky News do their recap of the trial and wow talk about one sided.

You have a very twisted mind.

Anyway the cop has been fired so clearly his bosses don't agree with you.

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1381507427661660160?s=20

He put his hands back into the car at least once, and he had ample time to remove his belt and get out of the car which he lawfully had to do. He of course has the time to start recording on his phone, but somehow can't unbuckle his belt?

Police: "Open the door slowly, step out. Open the door."
Army Officer: "I'm not getting out the vehicle, what's going on?"

The full video clearly shows him not complying way before the spray was used. He wanted to make a big deal out of it, and he got his wish.

etc..

Soldato
You have to be blind to not be aware of the difference in Police standards across the board in the US. When there are multiple cases of Police with blood on their hands then it's no surprise to me that ordinary citizens are terrified when being screamed at by Police with a god complex.

I've often thought we are maybe a soft touch when it comes to Policing in the UK but thankfully more often than not no-one is dying to trigger happy Police here. Skimming many of the comments in the other thread you have users quite happily allowing the US police to be literally Judge Dredds. Fully within their right to decide if you should live or die over petty crimes like drug abuse, theft, not displaying your license plate correctly....

Soldato
Fully within their right to decide if you should live or die over ... not displaying your license plate correctly....
Not really, they didn't shoot him did they. They had their guns drawn, rightly so because they couldn't see inside the vehicle because of the tints, and he didn't pull over immediately, massive red flags.

Soldato
Yep if he pulled over when prompted things wouldn’t have gone south the way they did. Instead he managed to get one of the officers fired…

Soldato
Be compliant and at worst, you get some hours of your life wasted sitting at a police station while your lawyer straightens things out.

Yes, some coppers are egomaniacs with badges, but you get to sue them when they over-reach their powers.

Soldato
Yep if he pulled over when prompted things wouldn’t have gone south the way they did. Instead he managed to get one of the officers fired…
The officer that made an execution remark? Wow I wonder why he was fired?

Also lets be real, half the problem with US policing is that the bad apples arent fired, they are moved over a district after a recommendation from their superior.

Soldato
You have to be blind to not be aware of the difference in Police standards across the board in the US. When there are multiple cases of Police with blood on their hands then it's no surprise to me that ordinary citizens are terrified when being screamed at by Police with a god complex..

I've never had any police officer pull a gun or shout at me.
But I do as the officer tells me to.

Maybe that's the difference?

Soldato
The officer that made an execution remark? Wow I wonder why he was fired?
What execution remark? The "ride the lightening" comment? He had a tazer in his hand and was going to use it on the non-compliant driver. To twist that as if he was going to be executed is absurd.

The people who shoot police at traffic stops tend to spoil it for everyone else.
Here's one, shooting occurs at 45 seconds:

Bullet stopped by her vest, plus bullet or shrapnel damage to both hands.

Caporegime
When potentially every police encounter involves someone who could be armed............country has made its bed with guns and is now reaping the rewards.

The guy who gunned down the copper with an assault rifle yesterday was a drug dealer and guess what, people who deal drugs illegally don't care about gun laws.

It's not even remotely possible to ban guns in the USA unless you support building the wall and guarding it heavily over the full length, otherwise all you're doing is making gun smuggling just as lucrative of a business as drug smuggling is for the Mexican cartels. All any gun control will do there is take arms out of the hands of law abiding citizens and make self-defence virtually impossible.. and on top of that the same people wanting legal arms banned are the same people trying to castrate the police.

Soldato
an officer told me to stay in the car
what did you do
I got out the car
why
don't know
then what happend
I started yelling and jumping all over the place
what did they do
they told me to calm down
did you
no
why
don't know
then what happend
I got shot
damn
yeah, but I sued him
oh, that's good then

Associate
When potentially every police encounter involves someone who could be armed............country has made its bed with guns and is now reaping the rewards.

Main crux of the issue, granted there will be many law abiding people with guns, and a few bad cops on a power trip, but the risk is there every time the police stop somebody, no matter for how minor the offence is they are truly putting their lives at risk.

Soldato
Main crux of the issue, granted there will be many law abiding people with guns, and a few bad cops on a power trip, but the risk is there every time the police stop somebody, no matter for how minor the offence is they are truly putting their lives at risk.

Yep, any suspect has to be treated as if they are armed, until confirmed otherwise.

Being a cop on traffic in Texas must be fairly terrifying...

Permabanned
The guy who gunned down the copper with an assault rifle yesterday was a drug dealer and guess what, people who deal drugs illegally don't care about gun laws.

It's not even remotely possible to ban guns in the USA unless you support building the wall and guarding it heavily over the full length, otherwise all you're doing is making gun smuggling just as lucrative of a business as drug smuggling is for the Mexican cartels. All any gun control will do there is take arms out of the hands of law abiding citizens and make self-defence virtually impossible.. and on top of that the same people wanting legal arms banned are the same people trying to castrate the police.

Country is a complete mess of violence and mass shootings but at least they can defend themselves. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom