What did you do to your bike today?

Transmission breaker
Don
CBR400rr280.jpg

Fitted a little volt meter to keep an eye on the reg/rec :)

Associate
Fitted new DID chain and JT sprockets to the ZX6R at the weekend. Got som Metzeller M9RR's to go on as well. Might have a run up Matlock Bath tomorrow evening for chippy tea if stays warm enough, I don't like the cold getting old now. I also got my new Quad Lock case for my S21 so I can mount it to my bike.

Tea Drinker
Don
Bugger, went to the bike storage place, started the R1 up all good got leathers on. Excited to run it up to Box Hill with a mates GPZ and there’s fuel streaming out the fuel tap.

24 year old rubber failed :(

Had to take the 1250 GS boring but true. I can ride he GS more confidently and faster. The R1 scares the willies out of me :cry:

Soldato
Fitted new DID chain and JT sprockets to the ZX6R at the weekend. Got som Metzeller M9RR's to go on as well. Might have a run up Matlock Bath tomorrow evening for chippy tea if stays warm enough, I don't like the cold getting old now. I also got my new Quad Lock case for my S21 so I can mount it to my bike.

If you have the posh s21 with the fancy camera.. make sure you have the anti vibration mount as the fixed ones eats cameras

jcr

jcr

Associate
loosened off the rear shock preload a couple of turns. not really sure what im doing, but im getting jolted off the seat by bumps and thought it would be a good place to start.

Associate
loosened off the rear shock preload a couple of turns. not really sure what im doing, but im getting jolted off the seat by bumps and thought it would be a good place to start.

Preload will adjust ride height. if you can, back the rebound and compression off a little, just make a note of how much so you know where it was.

Matt

jcr

jcr

Associate
Preload will adjust ride height. if you can, back the rebound and compression off a little, just make a note of how much so you know where it was.

Matt
thanks for the tip. i came across a few tube videos mentioning static sag, which is what i was trying to set up.

Associate
Static sag is where to start. Don't twiddle anything else until you've got that set correctly- if your sag is too low you'll be getting closer to the bump stop (and that will definitely launch you out of the seat).

Once static sag is set, if you're being jolted off the seat by the bump itself and you only have one compression adjuster, you may find it won't do much as it'll only control low-speed damping. A spring better suited for you will probably be the solution. on the other hand, if you're being "sprung" out of the seat after a bump, then you'll need to add rebound damping to attempt to make the shock return more slowly.

Remember in decreasing order of importance, suspension comes from 1) Tyres, 2) The spring, and a distant 3) Damping adjustment.

Man of Honour
It's definitely worth finding your local suspension guy and chucking them £30 for a setup. They'll also be able to advise if you need more suitable springs.

I get mine done by a local guy everytime I get a new bike and it transforms them. @Fireskull might know of someone down that end of the county.

Soldato
Out for a spin this morning, roads around the local beauty spots were chockka with cars though. Still managed to collect a fly/bug cemetery on the fron fairing and screen so a wash and polish was required upon my return :cool:

tango22-3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom