Beers of the World - Mk 5 *** RULES AND SIGNUP HERE ***

Associate
Maybe we could replace that option with something else like a forum vote for your favorite entry?
+5 bonus points each week for the "popular choice" award. Then you'd still get a bit of uncertainty and not have lots of people on the same score all the time.
Well, it isn't my favourite - it is just not so common - I prefer Scrumpy Jack.

Soldato
OP
What's the rule on other beverages? No cider or mead and thinks like that?

This is purely beer only so I do not expect to see any ciders or meads. Anyone that does enter one is on for a massive 0 points.
I will reluctantly allow sours even though its only mouldy fruit juice that has started to ferment.

Spreadsheets? Why not go all the way and make a Powerpoint presentation on your method for choosing beers?

Could always have bonus point for highest rated beer on Untapped? (Or lowest and then by drinking it you know you've earned that point :p)

Or least/most Untapped Check-In's

I like it so I will offer bonus points along these lines. The category will change weekly and will be announced in the results page for the following week, so nothing on offer for the first week and it will be picked by someone not in the game. This will benefit those that send their beer in each week but they also take the risk of not finding anything at all or even changing their choice.

Soldato
OK next question (not taking this too seriously at all...). A number of the rounds are "contains [word] on the label" - does the word need to be a separate word or does a word within a word count? Eg would Thornbridge Market Porter be accepted for the M round?

Soldato
OP
Simply enter a beer that is highly rated on Untappd.
I asked a couple of friends what constitutes highly rated as everyone uses different systems to rate beer and the general consensus is that a score of over 4.25 is acceptable (I took an average of their answers).
Very simple, I've had 2 that meet that requirement this week.

I now realise that I forgot to add that to the rules, balls.

Soldato
What's the rules for the country rounds? Does it need to actually be brewed in the listed country?
For example, is Budweiser considered an American beer because it's an American brand or not because the Budweiser we get over here isn't actually brewed in America?

*No, I'm not going to drink or enter Budweiser, just using it as a well-known example.

Back
Top Bottom