When are you going fully electric?

Soldato
Folding mirrors and birds :mad:
This one set my car alarm off numerous times at 5am this morning :mad:
Thankfully the car has a 'reduced guard' alarm mode so it shouldn't happen again. Also, can set the mirrors to not fold on lock as well.
I thought reduced guard just turned off the detectors inside the car?

Soldato
Folding mirrors and birds
could do with some wax ? ... I can't unsee it - is that a panel gap divergence, or, an optical effect.

I'd watched a de id3 guy auditing his car a while back.

I thought this ID3 video was interesting - can't tell if the guy is being a pedant at smooth application of the throttle on snow or not - leastaways in an ICE you wouldn't have that.
how does the ID.3 handle snow on ice in -9? | Ep 30

Soldato
yes - I'd forgotten that .. so autoglym glass cleaner, and autobrite repel on the glass
- in that respect, model3 cleaning must be interesting.

Soldato
Just watched the YouTube video for the Mercedes EQS and am really impressed. Normally the E class follows as a mini S class so hopefully the EQE will follow in the same vein and if it does then that will be the electric car for me.

Soldato
There's a few requirements to make them smart, hence Tesla charger doesn't get OLEZ grant as not smart - guess the car is more than capable in that regard.

So what is a ‘smart’ charger?
A ‘smart’ charger is connected to the internet via a wi-fi connection, allowing the charger to interact with apps and companies. Although the services available may be limited on day one, it opens up lots of future service opportunities enabling smart and managed charging for various purposes.

Smart chargers are able to slow down or stop charging an electric vehicle for short periods of time. This helps manage the additional load of electricity from EV charging within the capacity of the electricity network. This will keep energy bills down for everyone.

Soldato
Were starting to look at replacing my wifes JCW with an electric car of some variety as she now does about 50 miles a day to work and back. We are looking at

Mini Electric Level 2
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Mokka-e
Honda-e

Can get some of these through my work scheme which saves a further 12% and the fuel saving should mean even if we lose a bit of money on the mini we'll be net positive in about 6 months.

Soldato
Did my first long trip in the Polestar today (about 150 miles). The one annoying thing for me is that there isn't space to the left of the brake pedal to properly stretch your leg out. It's just brake pedal then plastic. For me, that makes longer journeys pretty uncomfortable.

Soldato
There's a few requirements to make them smart, hence Tesla charger doesn't get OLEZ grant as not smart
why wouldn't they make a smart one, rather than sacrifice part of the (first home) market
.... still think, that if supply companies wanted to enable ovveride at peaks, they would just start offering preferential tarifs if you have a smart charger, so having one can be a false economy.

Interesting little video on the new Stellantis technology consisting of battery-hydrogen hybrid vans. While FCEVs tend to have a small battery to capture regen from braking, these vans will have a larger (10.5kwh) battery capable of being plugged in
white van man will become a contender at the lights.

I think you want to keep the fuel cell running at optmimal yield, so you need a somewhere to put the surplus when its 'on'.
given hydrogen range, having a real big battery (vs bmw) sounds like overkill/weight, though
bmw have skin in the game ... but for x5's as opposed to sports cars
BMW i Hydrogen NEXT Fuel Cell Technology Powertrain Explained

Soldato
Cos the UK grant system isn’t a big thing for tesla to pursue is my guess...

I don’t make the rules!

yes fuel cell need battery to manage the transient period as the fuel cell powers up compared to the instanteous demand of a pressed throttle.

Soldato
Were starting to look at replacing my wifes JCW with an electric car of some variety as she now does about 50 miles a day to work and back. We are looking at

Mini Electric Level 2
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Mokka-e
Honda-e

Can get some of these through my work scheme which saves a further 12% and the fuel saving should mean even if we lose a bit of money on the mini we'll be net positive in about 6 months.

Going to test drive the Mokka and the Mini tomorrow.

Soldato
Also look at e208 and corsa e maybe?

Both can be had as 0 miles pre reg for way less than rrp if cost is a factor.

I was set on an id3 but we went for the corsa as I was very pleasantly surprised by the refinement and for £21500 for the top Elite Nav spec, it was hard to justify an extra £6k on the vw.

Soldato
Not considered the i3?

Wife doesn't like the looks at all, so no.

Also look at e208 and corsa e maybe?

Both can be had as 0 miles pre reg for way less than rrp if cost is a factor.

I was set on an id3 but we went for the corsa as I was very pleasantly surprised by the refinement and for £21500 for the top Elite Nav spec, it was hard to justify an extra £6k on the vw.

The ID3 through work is a good price, but we'll look at the Corsa e whilst we're there tomorrow. Wife likes the Mokka and its her car so she gets the say ;)

I think the e-208 really does look great. Deffo one to consider.

Tried, doesn't like it...

Soldato
I wouldn't get the Honda E out of those. While it looks great and has loads of charm, its just not practical to such a small battery, particularly at its price point.

Back
Top Bottom