What "man jobs" have you done today?

Caporegime
I think with my lawn rotovating it at the start helped to loosen it up, get air and water to it, and mixing in good top soil. It was also more noticeable where the large stones and rocks were so I could clear them out.

If it's not too bad perhaps just aeration followed by topsoil or feeding would work?

Edit: I am by no means an expert at this, but this is what I have found helped.

Tbh it's doing better than the neighbours.

Used some weedol and it seems to have leached out beyond what I actually sprayed it on so got a few dead patches which is the most annoying thing.

Soldato
I did bbq yesterday, my Mrs washing the windows with her window vac Christmas present. Not sure if that makes it a man job for her:p. I 3d printed some tv remote holders too.

Soldato
Beginning to see light and the end of the fence painting tunnel! Got the first coat on most of the slats now but I know I've got to put a second coat on as well. Three on some slats where the paint got sucked right into the wood. Looks like I've got a couple of areas to touch up as well where the weather's got at it as well.

Caporegime
Beginning to see light and the end of the fence painting tunnel! Got the first coat on most of the slats now but I know I've got to put a second coat on as well. Three on some slats where the paint got sucked right into the wood. Looks like I've got a couple of areas to touch up as well where the weather's got at it as well.

I'm definitely buying a spray gun next time

Soldato
Be careful about thinking you can see light at the end of the tunnel- It could be some bugger with a torch bringing you more jobs.

To be honest I don't think there ever is a light at end of a tunnel. It just goes on and on and on.:)

Soldato
I've been quite busy in my garden recently.

Had to smash up a pathway of thick concrete, dig a substantial hole and place in my new Gnarl Olive tree.

Very satisfying in the end, especially when you've got no one else to help. :)

VeoUdOg.jpg

Fdz2sHU.jpg
Na9BbCb.jpg

Soldato
OP
I forgot I made this thread. Wow. It's huge. Going to spent some time reading it and then add some content myself. Since I made this thread I've done too much to list including a house move. Pretty poor on my part as didn't take many photos. :(

Anyone had any experience with Howdens? I hear conflicting info as to whether they will only deal with the trade or not. I want to get a kitchen cabinet door, an end panel, some edge stripping and some worktop to match what our kitchen already has when we moved in. Do I need to find someone with a trade account? I hear the prices for trade literally go down by more than half of their "normal" advertised brochure prices often.

Associate
Bought kitchen from them about a year ago. I think they will only deal with trade still, luckily there are a few builder in the family. Prices were discounted by more than 4/5 from book as a guidline, but it seems each location negotiates their margin separately. You can try and create and accont though.

Back
Top Bottom