What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Kinda late to this show but just started watching "Lucifer". About five or so episodes in the first series. wow is it cheesy, with equal parts irritation. Not sure if the cheese, in a fun way, can make up for the irritation, thankfully we both feel the same.
Also started "The Punisher", now this lacks both cheese and irritation, seems somewhat promising.
just waiting for the last episode of Line of Duty to air and then we'll start on that one.

Soldato
I've been watching the Informer based on @SixTwoSix 's recommendation above. It's difficult as both my wife and i are surprised that we didn't watch it when it was on the bbc, but we're both loving it.

Also started Flight Attendant, it's 2 episodes and my wifes given up with it. She can't get over how stupid the main character is and so i'm now debating whether to watch it alone.

Also in the middle of the Irregulars, it's alright but feels a bit "a story a week" with not too much in the background and the moment.

Caporegime
Started watching Boardwalk Empire. On Season 2 now. Its good, but I'm not blown away. Does it pick up the pace at all?
Can't remember if I was blown away at the start but pretty sure it does get better as Rob says, especially when Gyp gets on the scene.

The wife and I are rinsing Would I Lie To You at the moment, with the immediate highlight being Bob Mortimer. He's just the right amount of weird, funny and humble.

Soldato
Can't remember if I was blown away at the start but pretty sure it does get better as Rob says, especially when Gyp gets on the scene.

The wife and I are rinsing Would I Lie To You at the moment, with the immediate highlight being Bob Mortimer. He's just the right amount of weird, funny and humble.
Are you talking about the egg in the bath one by any chance? Or the Scotch egg to Damon Hill?

Ive seen it thousands of times and it still kills me. He is by far the best person on that show.

Caporegime
Are you talking about the egg in the bath one by any chance? Or the Scotch egg to Damon Hill?

Ive seen it thousands of times and it still kills me. He is by far the best person on that show.
We're stupidly watching them backwards, so Mitchell gave a few away as he was kicking off how Bob's are always true. Forgot one or two, but last night's was the dentistry one and Fuji 9 :p:p

PS - oh yeah think I've seen the scotch egg one on YouTube.

Soldato
On the last episode of Home Before Dark on AppleTV+. Really enjoyed it and the young girl in the lead is an excellent actor. My only real criticism is the young girls 2 friends are annoying.

I’ll have to watch The Florida Project next.

Caporegime
I will be interested to read your review of Season 5 when you have it watched.
i finished it a couple of weeks back and whilst watching it i got a bit bored at length and drawn out story lines of the 3/4 characters. None of which were particularly gripping
Amos had arguably the more interesting but way too drawn out. The Mars duos was.. Yeah ok...Him dying was unexpected but for #metoo reasons... meh. Holdens was yeah ok... Naomi's was interesting because it crossed with da Belta Lowda Krew and the Main baddy and Drummer. Drummer is cool lol.

I haven't read the books but...

So although i initially was a bit miffed at the crew had split for their own sub stories, i look back now and it was fine.

If people wanna point for Strong female characters in this then this show has gone to be the top sci-fi show for that... Every female in this is actually really good, although i wouldn't want to be in a drinking game where every time Avarasala(sp) swears, you sip. They are all beyond cliché but i think all of them and their motives are well defined.

Series 4 felt like an episode of Stargate SG1 drawn out for days.
Series 5 felt a bit like BSG... It was fine but...id have rather have seen more of some characters plot points than others....

Soldato
Kinda late to this show but just started watching "Lucifer". About five or so episodes in the first series. wow is it cheesy, with equal parts irritation. Not sure

I started Lucifer late, but am up to date now waiting on S5 part b.

It is cheesy and the 'murder of the weeks' do get boring - but the celestial stuff is very good. The women are pretty hot and Lucifer himself is a bit easy on the eye (no homo!)

Don't skip ahead but Creep, I will survive versions from Lucifer, find myself viewing on youtube every now and again.

Soldato
Banshee S4 is rapidly going downhill - getting more like Discovery with all the weeping, whispering and soul searching going on!

I'm glad they wrapped it up at S4 and heard it is a fitting ending, so will see it out; 3 more episodes and done :)

Soldato
Banshee S4 is rapidly going downhill - getting more like Discovery with all the weeping, whispering and soul searching going on!

I'm glad they wrapped it up at S4 and heard it is a fitting ending, so will see it out; 3 more episodes and done :)

Season 4 was a poor end to an albeit over the top but solidly entertaining first 3 seasons. The lack of Lily Simmons didn't help either.

There is a certain fight in S4 that is utterly satisfying though.

Soldato

Have you seen his train guy stuff from twitter ?

Soldato
I started Lucifer late, but am up to date now waiting on S5 part b.

It is cheesy and the 'murder of the weeks' do get boring - but the celestial stuff is very good. The women are pretty hot and Lucifer himself is a bit easy on the eye (no homo!)

Don't skip ahead but Creep, I will survive versions from Lucifer, find myself viewing on youtube every now and again.

lol, take your point on the "creep". Last night we watched one episode and then, surprising ourselves, watched another. As Lucifer seems to be transforming so is our appreciation of the show.
Yup the celestial stuff is the interesting part, as well as catching up with certain game news on Discord whilst it is on - just keeps me going....!

I believe that they have confirmed season 6....!

Back
Top Bottom