*****Official BBQ Thread - Suns out, Buns out!*****

Soldato
Thinking of doing a barbecue tomorrow but looking for some inspiration...

Apart from sausages/beef burgers, does anyone have any go to items they normally put on? If it's something I can buy with little effort that would be best for tomorrow! :)

Cheers! :)

Soldato
Thinking of doing a barbecue tomorrow but looking for some inspiration...

Apart from sausages/beef burgers, does anyone have any go to items they normally put on? If it's something I can buy with little effort that would be best for tomorrow! :)

Cheers! :)

Corn on the cobs are epic done on the BBQ. Boil them for 5 minutes first then put into foil with a knob of butter and some smoked paprika as mentioned previously.

Soldato
Absolutely not needed but saw someone selling one of the table top portable Weber’s for £25 and looked in good condition.
Couldn’t say no!

That was a good deal so why not! I got a portable BBQ myself the other week. Was on Hot UK deals. £24 delivered but not to Weber standard I would think :D

PrxcAlkm.jpeg

Soldato
Just got my hands on the last grillmeister kamado BBQ from Lidl, can't wait to try it out. The size is perfect for a 2 portion cook.

Soldato
Asked plenty of times before but I'm in need of some advice if possible!

Starting fresh and need a BBQ + all accessories. I want to grill and smoke in a single BBQ - was originally set on a WSM 47cm (2 people in my household), but as far as I can see it requires some changes to set it up for standard grilling (it's a smoker first and foremost obviously). After seeing the Master Touch 57cm in person yesterday, I'm swaying more towards that. It offers more space for grilling, more geared towards doing both and it actually works out cheaper (but price isn't a defining reason). Bents Garden Centre have a -10% pre-order price on all Weber BBQ's, so the Master Touch 57cm Smoke Grey comes in at £269, premium at £355 and WSM at £359. Which seems like a fair price after looking online?

Any suggestions or other recommendations would be most welcome!

In terms of accessories, meat thermometer is the obvious big one. I've seen the Inkbird IBT-4XS mentioned a couple of times, which comes in at £45 on Amazon. Charcoal starter, gloves, tongs etc are the other bits I'll need.

Budget is £500 for everything.

I also picked up the Weber BBQ Bible yesterday, which should help me get started with understanding methods, temperature control, direct/indirect heat etc.

Soldato

Starting fresh and need a BBQ + all accessories. I want to grill and smoke in a single BBQ - was originally set on a WSM 47cm (2 people in my household), but as far as I can see it requires some changes to set it up for standard grilling (it's a smoker first and foremost obviously). After seeing the Master Touch 57cm in person yesterday, I'm swaying more towards that. It offers more space for grilling, more geared towards doing both and it actually works out cheaper (but price isn't a defining reason). Bents Garden Centre have a -10% pre-order price on all Weber BBQ's, so the Master Touch 57cm Smoke Grey comes in at £269, premium at £355 and WSM at £359. Which seems like a fair price after looking online?

In terms of accessories, meat thermometer is the obvious big one. I've seen the Inkbird IBT-4XS mentioned a couple of times, which comes in at £45 on Amazon. Charcoal starter, gloves, tongs etc are the other bits I'll need.

I also picked up the Weber BBQ Bible yesterday, which should help me get started with understanding methods, temperature control, direct/indirect heat etc.

Consider a bullet smoker like Pro Q or Fornetto instead. Better for smoking than a kettle but works as a grill just the same.

Soldato

I've just bought both - the WSM and Touch Master Premium.

You really won't want to use the WSM for grilling, it's just set up for smoking. I'm sure you could bodge it to grill, but it would be a faff to use as one.

You can smoke on the WTM, but I personally haven't yet. But we've had a few BBQs on it and it was great to use. Even done a few pizzas too.

A remote duel thermometer was a revelation too. I can sit inside and keep an eye on the temps internal and meat at the same time without even going outside. What an age!

Can't quite remember what the non premium Weber doesn't have, but maybe consider that to leave budget for the other bits?

Soldato
OP

57cm master touch can do it all but if the budget allows I'd grab a vertical smoker (I got a pro q frontier) to back this up.

Soldato

Just adding that I reckon unless you are heavily prioritising smoking over grilling, then the versatility of the kettle is what you want.

Soldato
Consider a bullet smoker like Pro Q or Fornetto instead. Better for smoking than a kettle but works as a grill just the same.

My concern with those is that the grilling space isn't great and I'd rather not have to buy a separate grill + smoker. Grilling first and foremost with the ability to smoke is my preference. I'll write off the WSM as grilling on that is a complete bodge job by the sounds of it.

I'm guessing smoking in a Pro Q or Fornetto is going to be superior in may ways to smoking on a kettle i.e. Master Touch?

I've just bought both - the WSM and Touch Master Premium.

Can't quite remember what the non premium Weber doesn't have, but maybe consider that to leave budget for the other bits?

If I go for the WMT, it should leave around £240 for accessories + other bits, which should be more than enough. I can stretch higher if necessary.

Just adding that I reckon unless you are heavily prioritising smoking over grilling, then the versatility of the kettle is what you want.

This is exactly why I'm swaying more towards the kettle. I am prioritising grilling over smoking but I want to be able to smoke and preferably not be completely handicapped when doing it.

Soldato
My concern with those is that the grilling space isn't great and I'd rather not have to buy a separate grill + smoker. Grilling first and foremost with the ability to smoke is my preference. I'll write off the WSM as grilling on that is a complete bodge job by the sounds of it.

I'm guessing smoking in a Pro Q or Fornetto is going to be superior in may ways to smoking on a kettle i.e. Master Touch?

If I go for the WMT, it should leave around £240 for accessories + other bits, which should be more than enough. I can stretch higher if necessary.

This is exactly why I'm swaying more towards the kettle. I am prioritising grilling over smoking but I want to be able to smoke and preferably not be completely handicapped when doing it.

I've got a back order in for a "chargriller smokin pro" which hopefully gives enough versatility with my wishlist similar to yours (although maybe slightly more smoke orientated)

Soldato
Cooked tonight in the end, added garlic, had no spring onions and used dried chilli. Cooked indirect to about 50 degs and then flamed direct for the rest. Was awesome considering it was thrown together from weekend leftovers

Great! It's one of my daughter's favourites which is suprising considering she doesn't really like much spice.

Need photos next time though!

Back
Top Bottom