Road Cycling

Soldato
Looking like August/September for SRAM Rival eTap. Bizarre that they would trail it so far in advance. :/ Just in time for the winter bike I guess!

Totally stupid, but I guess bike companies want to hype their bikes and get orders placed now at full lockdown prices.

Who knows maybe Shimano will drop 105 di2 in the interim with a proper product launch.

Soldato
Got it all back together temporarily, no more bad noises :) , it was quite mucky so actually good to get it all cleaned up inside and round the pawls, plus the fresh bearings.

Thanks for your help along the way Lethal and your kind offer also

Soldato
I’m after a new set of wheels, looking to spend in the region of £500. Tim brake, QR, road only, I do want tubeless capable.

Does anyone have any recommendations?
Anything you've listed are probably good for the money - regularly recommended and known wheelsets that lots of people are happy with.

You can get better for the money, but a bit more niche or specific things if that's what you require, but equally you sound like you're after something more 'general' like those.

Shakeproof washer and some Loctite, If your a cheap ass some PTFE tape is a poor mans substitute. (Just dont keep the Loctite in the food cupboard as the Mrs will keep on asking is this for a salad.
Haha that really made me laugh!

I always use the blue Locktite, cheapest I always found was Halfords. Perfect for cleat bolts (never had one come undone since I started using it 6+ years ago) and various other things.

Shame this hub has brand new bearings too. 6903 front and back on rim brake quattros. These were enduro but NTN/SKF/EZO are good too bought from airevelo bearings.
As mentioned, get NTN or SKF branded bearings and you'll be getting better bearings than Fulcrum branded. It's a good learning curve to change bearings, so you could even go for some cheaper ones from airevelo or 'ebay just to go through the process to 'check' it's all ok (which you've done?) then get some miles on them before changing to 'better' bearings with dual rubber seals (2RS). I like Hambini for when I need one delivered quick (generally 2 days) but there are cheaper options. I quite often use his site to identify what I need then use the SKU numbers to look them up elsewhere.

Lots of chatter about NTN/SKS 'knockoff' bearings being sold branded on ebay, but I've never had any problems with them.

Also fastest Bundy tonight

https://strava.app.link/AXqcRj1LFfb

Not bad for having heavy racing 77 wheels on.
Legend for sorting out that spacer and cover!

That's going some, good numbers!

I'm very behind in here... Work is nuts but really enjoying being based from/working from home still.

Got out last weekend with a club and chose the shorter option as didn't know what my legs would be like 2-3 hours in. Actually finished the ride strong so was a little annoyed with myself. Aiming to go again tomorrow and not chicken out of any long route! ;) :D

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Well had my bike fit for the TT bike yesterday,

I come away with is you need some 30deg pad blocks, come back when you have these and we can finish the fit off, Only slightly miffed as I cant finish cabling the bike now and getting it outside and see how quick it really is.

One thing is sure is I need to do a new ramp test in the new position, Its no use using FTP from my road bike, everything is twice as Brutal and bordering on impossible :)

Also even more knackered than usual as swimming is back so my shoulders are constantly on fire, the runs are getting longer and longer....

Triathlons are stupid :)

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Ahh thats blocked at worked, will take a look when I get home, I have the SELCOF Planet X bars, hopefully they will fit, thankyou :)

Soldato
Rapid, think I need to find a chaingang to really rip my legs off each week!

You nothing local or not started yet due to covid ?

Some young lads out ripping it up. Some turn of speed about them.

One of them rides over from Edinburgh, does the run and cycles home. 100 miles for him.

Greig brown will do 100 miler during the day then come out and boss the bunch. Makes me feel inadequate

Soldato
You nothing local or not started yet due to covid ?

Some young lads out ripping it up. Some turn of speed about them.

One of them rides over from Edinburgh, does the run and cycles home. 100 miles for him.

Greig brown will do 100 miler during the day then come out and boss the bunch. Makes me feel inadequate

Literally none that I know of unfortunately.

Soldato
Literally none that I know of unfortunately.

That's not so good.

I have the Bundy which is racing on a undulating route.

Frankie Weavers 2 groups different pace, 21 maybe for fast group relatively flat route.

Milk run probably about 20mph on lump main roads.

Renfrew bunch is a bit further away but sees 35-40 turn up. Kept together until the turn then it's smashfest to the finish.

Southside chaingang will be up and running soon on a flat course out and back at 26 odd average .

Saturday Douglas run today is effectively a race now which is causing scenes with the old guard.

Then all the A80 spam I give through the winter.

I wouldn't move somewhere I couldn't get groups but you can train better alone realistically and even do a session then join a group for some epic blowing up.

Back
Top Bottom