Bbq choice?

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

There is a good reason for that though. They are great. :D

Although to be fair, there are a few alternatives to Weber - Napoleon springs to mind - 230 for their 57cm version of the master touch vs 310 for Webers. I have one of their smokers and it's great.

Soldato
What's so great about a rectangle grill? They just end up getting stale and smelly grease in the crevices and and impossible to clean. They also aren't designed for low and slow cooking, pulled pork, ribs, brisket etc, so you'll be restricted with what you can cook. There's also hundreds of accessories available for a 57" kettle so you can change things around when you want something different. Some days I spatchcock a chicken, next time rotisserie etc

Caporegime
What's so great about a rectangle grill? They just end up getting stale and smelly grease in the crevices and and impossible to clean. They also aren't designed for low and slow cooking, pulled pork, ribs, brisket etc, so you'll be restricted with what you can cook. There's also hundreds of accessories available for a 57" kettle so you can change things around when you want something different. Some days I spatchcock a chicken, next time rotisserie etc

I won't cook anything like that on the BBQ anyway, literally use em to BBQ.

Not sure on your grease reference, grease is grease? You'll get it in every BBQ, albeit youll get more on a gas BBQ for sure

Can't type for toffee
Don
my weber is now goign ginger where teh builders dropped a lump of scaffy on it :(
did get 150 quid discount on the work tho haha

Im in two minds whether to just replace like for like grab a sectional bullet smoker like a fornetto or grab a kamado from costco

Soldato
No, one factor is the people who buy expensive BBQs tend to look after them and keep them covered and clean. Even a cheapo BBQ covered outdoors will last many years.
I bought a Landmann barrel BBQ for 150ish, so not even el cheapo, and after 3 years of decent use the coating on the inside was all peeling off, hinges here and there were going, the wheels weren't it great nick. It was a great BBQ to use, with some heatproof silicon and gasket tape I was able to do ribs and pork shoulders, but 3 or 4 years really was starting to push it even though I treated it well.

Can't type for toffee
Don
Surely it can't just be weber that makes ones to last?

I also don't want to spend 300!

Naah my weber kettle was about 150, hence the refund from the builders :)

Its been out in the rain, wind, snow, the beast from the east and the summers for about 6 year or so I think and was still in top notch nick.
That was without cover as well
Try that with a cheap jobby from tesco and yell be lucky if it lasts a year

Soldato
Gods Country, But trailing in Ron-ski's solar wake
Naah my weber kettle was about 150, hence the refund from the builders :)

Its been out in the rain, wind, snow, the beast from the east and the summers for about 6 year or so I think and was still in top notch nick.
That was without cover as well
Try that with a cheap jobby from tesco and yell be lucky if it lasts a year
I think he stated enough times that its beyond his budget..........

Back
Top Bottom