Beers of the World - Mk 5 *** RULES AND SIGNUP HERE ***

Soldato
As far as I'm concerned any of the country ones should be be both brewed in and originate from the country in question. There's not many country ones and tbh entering Budweiser or Carling for America/UK is just plain lazy, not what the game's about, and fully deserved of nil pois!

Like if you're having to question it's validity then...

Soldato
I remember a few years ago when I participated this was an issue, I can't remember who ran it back then but they accepted Carling as a UK beer, even though the company was founded in Canada and wasn't sold in the UK until over 100 years later. I kinda lost interest after that.

It's good to be clear with the country specifics before starting, but that was a bit of a mental decision in my eyes.

Yes, I don't mind which way it goes: either the country where the company was founded or the country where the beer was brewed as long as it's clear beforehand (which it is, OP has said the beer needs to be brewed in the specified country)

Soldato
I’m not researching the history of every brewery.

The rules are clear, it has to be made in the country. If I’ve got a can of Tennent’s that happened to be brewed under licence by Sierra Nevada and the label states it then it meets the rules of being an American beer.

Remember, in America citizenship depends where you were born, not conceived .

Soldato
I’m not researching the history of every brewery.

The rules are clear, it has to be made in the country. If I’ve got a can of Tennent’s that happened to be brewed under licence by Sierra Nevada and the label states it then it meets the rules of being an American beer.

Remember, in America citizenship depends where you were born, not conceived .

They made Tennet's in the US then shipped it back over here?

Soldato
They made Tennet's in the US then shipped it back over here?

No, it was just an example. Not a very good one, but I couldn’t be bothered to find a ‘British’ beer brewed under licence in America. Though I can think of a few the other way round.

Edit - I guess any of BrewDog’s beers brewed at their site in Columbus Ohio are American brews! And conversely, the stuff Brewdog brew for Stone in Scotland is a Scottish beer. Glad the rules have been clarified, it’s where the beers made.

Soldato
No, it was just an example. Not a very good one, but I couldn’t be bothered to find a ‘British’ beer brewed under licence in America. Though I can think of a few the other way round.

Edit - I guess any of BrewDog’s beers brewed at their site in Columbus Ohio are American brews! And conversely, the stuff Brewdog brew for Stone in Scotland is a Scottish beer. Glad the rules have been clarified, it’s where the beers made.

Oh ok, I was interested in the American tennet's lol

Associate

What about if somebody has a can of that beer that Brewdog brewed on an airplane? :p

Soldato
On a serious note, and maybe a bit late, but what about a point deduction (or addition) if you don’t post a pic (or do)?

I’m happy to be the grass and keep track of it. I’d suggest you have up until the following weeks result to post.

What about if somebody has a can of that beer that Brewdog brewed on an airplane? :p

Please confirm where the barley was grown, and the source of the water! :cry:

Soldato
OP
Including myself, I have 11 entries so far. @touch's went into spam but its been rescued.

Country rounds - Brewed and bottled/canned in that country. If anyone enters that Brewdog airplane beer, I would treat it as the flag of the plane (if they are like vessels then it could be anywhere, I got bored of Brewdogs marketing years ago)

Back
Top Bottom