Line of Duty - BBC2

Caporegime
Started watching season 6 as too many people seemed to be talking about it on social media and so I wanted to avoid spoilers - was particularly annoyed when someone posted a picture of one of the characters on social media and I could have sworn I'd seen something about H being revealed... (I did wonder if the series had finished) - fortunately, have now found out it hasn't and I don't know now what the post was about as I'd instantly scrolled past it. I guess the character posted is a contender for H, it did ruin the latest a bit for me initially as I was watching that assuming it was the final and it had been spoiled.... thankfully there is another episode to go this weekend.

I've enjoyed the series, it is quite addictive, it still has the "goon" problem though - some of the scenes - on in particular in the current series and the nonsense in season 3 just ought to have been dialed right down... opn one had we've got a character in the current season that isn't one dimensional and is torn about their involvement in corruption etc.. on the other hand they have these random goons working for these organised crime groups who seem more dedicated/suicidal than the most dedicated Islamist suicide bomber...

You don't need to have some random armed officer inside a police station just turn into a robotic killer upon simply being given the word etc.. or indeed have hardened criminals conduct a gun battle with a load of firearms officers at short range in the street as part of an ambush... they can just as easily hold up say a small convoy by instigating a crash that disables the vehicles and having say just a sniper threat is significant enough etc... Or perhaps use things like a gunman on the back of a motorbike/scooter...

The notion that there is always some expendable resource of mindless drones possessed like the henchmen of some bond villain or "Dr Evil" from Austin powers is the ridiculous aspect of what is other an awesome series. Apparently, the mindless drones who get killed in these incidents don't tend to warrant any investigation either...

The maps in the background of the AC-12 offices are also Birmingham areas

Season 1 was Birmingham, subsequent seasons have been Norther Ireland. It's supposed to be a generic UK city I guess... though presumably around the Midlands as they're "Central
Police" and they've previously involved "East Midlands" police.

Soldato
I'm surprised there wasn't a cliffhanger ending to be honest. Clearly has to be more to the Carmichael and Detective Chief Constable stuff, you don't have the actor from GoT in that sort of position for nothing... nor James Nesbitt.

Soldato
OP
I'm surprised there wasn't a cliffhanger ending to be honest. Clearly has to be more to the Carmichael and Detective Chief Constable stuff, you don't have the actor from GoT in that sort of position for nothing... nor James Nesbitt.

james nesbitt is filming bloodlands with jed mercurio who wrote line of duty so its very easy for him just to do a cameo

Actors do it all the time across writers different shows

Soldato
james nesbitt is filming bloodlands with jed mercurio who wrote line of duty so its very easy for him just to do a cameo

Actors do it all the time across writers different shows
Yeah i guess, but his one seemed almost completely pointless really, wasn't even any spoken lines were there?
I've a sneaking suspicion he's not actually the dead body in the footage, but that's just my feeling. Can't remember them confirming it 100%
Usually well known actors do something more than just that, even if it's a cameo or small part.

Soldato
OP
Yeah i guess, but his one seemed almost completely pointless really, wasn't even any spoken lines were there?
I've a sneaking suspicion he's not actually the dead body in the footage, but that's just my feeling. Can't remember them confirming it 100%
Usually well known actors do something more than just that, even if it's a cameo or small part.

It was confirmed it was his body

Soldato
Started watching Line of Duty from season 1 on Tuesday and finished season 6 episode 6 tonight, just an hour before the final episode.

Definitely lacking the suspense and intensity that I felt with season 3 final but perhaps it had to be done that way because of covid, depending on when they were filming it

The HMS Vigil from the makers of LoD looks good though https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/drama/vigil-trailer-martin-compston-newsupdate/

Soldato
It was confirmed it was his body
Ah thanks for confirming.

I thought that perhaps it was made to 'look' like him, as the bodies seemed to have been decomposing from the grainy footage so that identification would have been harder, but i'm probably thinking too much into it!

Back
Top Bottom