New GMMK Pro - mechanical keyboard

Associate
I want to stick with UK ISO layout but it’s so damn hard to get keycap sets that properly support it, very few in comparison to ANSI. And you have to pay attention since some will support ISO but not UK ISO…
Anyway, I’m looking forward to get the keyboard and have already gathered all other parts, will be waiting for a couple keycap sets later in the year that are GB.
So shipPing end of June is the latest news ?

Associate
I could never switch to ANSI, the enter key drives me crazy.

A lot of sets (particularly the expensive GMK ones) come with additional keys for ISO support. They don't all have regional specific keys like £ and € but I can live without those markings.

Associate
I want to stick with UK ISO layout but it’s so damn hard to get keycap sets that properly support it, very few in comparison to ANSI. And you have to pay attention since some will support ISO but not UK ISO…
Anyway, I’m looking forward to get the keyboard and have already gathered all other parts, will be waiting for a couple keycap sets later in the year that are GB.
So shipPing end of June is the latest news ?

Yeah ISO-UK is certainly difficult to find, but ISO itself is still relatively easy to find - the most difficult thing to find is just preference of colour scheme.

Associate
Has anyone heard any more on the estimated shipping lately? Now it's June it feels like they should start shipping to retailers soon!

Soldato
I just cancelled my pre order with Glorious USA which was since 9th March, I thought better just get it from OC as have plate and other bits on preorder, I was on the flex batch list but by the time it gets sent and all the the import palava I'm just going to get it from here

Associate
It was an Ansi direct from Glorious, not if this is any good I'll get an ISO later. Most of my keycap sets are Ansi, a few have the iso kits but not all.

Yeah, i'll lube the Alpaca's first and see how they feel.

Soldato
My Logitech G702 is juts playing up and would love a full size version of the GMMK Pro!

What's the non-pro version like quality wise? I like the idea of an aluminium chassis though.

Associate
Both the ANSI and ISO boards now have ETA 30 June on OC. I also noticed they have the rotary knobs and 1 brass plate in stock too.

Looking like boards will be with us soon!

Associate
Both the ANSI and ISO boards now have ETA 30 June on OC. I also noticed they have the rotary knobs and 1 brass plate in stock too.

Looking like boards will be with us soon!

Fingers crossed, I was just about to come in here to say what's the chances this is delayed for months? Would be expecting one or two hands on soon from media/YouTube.

It's the ANSI backplate though which we know exists. All ISO stuff is still MIA right now.

Associate
Looking forward to them arriving - what switches are you guys planning to install first day? + anyone else modding the stabs and pre-install 'band-aids'?

Associate
Looking forward to them arriving - what switches are you guys planning to install first day? + anyone else modding the stabs and pre-install 'band-aids'?

My step up from a pre-built Durgod Hades 69 so nothing fancy. I have Cherry Red switches just now on this keyboard but I'm going to swap to Gateron Yellow. Sadly OCUK doesn't carry them as part of the glorious Gateron bundles as Glorious never put out Yellows. So it'll be sourced elsewhere. Might even give Gateron silent Yellow a go. I do enjoy a quieter keyboard.

Cherry Reds are quite scratchy which with a pre-built sucks as I'd need to desolder to lube properly.

Not too bothered about included stabs, will just see what they're like to start with.

Want to see if Glorious ISO keycaps will be coming any time soon. Failing that HK Gaming have some decent ISO UK sets for around £40. I have their BOW set. They're cherry profile though, which I like, but means not compatible with the more abundant OEM profile. When going ISO if you then go cherry profile too you really end up narrowing down choices.

Saying all that I'm almost convinced the ISO GMMK Pro will not make it out this month, or it'll be Nvidia GeForce 3xxx numbers and OCUK will get like 3 to sell.

Associate
Would be good to know if OCUK have any idea of how this release it looking. Will all the preorders be satisfied with this intial drop? Is that 30th date looking likely?

Associate
Would be good to know if OCUK have any idea of how this release it looking. Will all the preorders be satisfied with this intial drop? Is that 30th date looking likely?

OCUK are supplying the whole of the UK aren't they? I seriously doubt all orders will be fulfilled at the start and as I said above I even doubt Glorious are going to make release this month. The 30th is clearly just a placeholder for June release.

Orders in America seem pretty backed up and that is the more popular ANSI layout.

Fear the worst, hope for the best, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the ISO launch is put back months. Yes, with an s, months. Or there is a Nvidia like ISO stock drop, then it's dry for months.

Getting an order in now is the best you can do and it's the waiting game. If we haven't heard anything from Glorious in the next 7~14 days, :(

Last edited:
Associate
I have a feeling the iso version will end up being putback , as I don’t think they will even fulfill the current orders glorious have had .

one I’m going to follow closely either way , I might pick up the compact in the meantime and start the rabbit hole of building my first actual mech keyboard . Just wish there was more options for UK iso keycaps . :D

Associate
I have a feeling the iso version will end up being putback , as I don’t think they will even fulfill the current orders glorious have had .

one I’m going to follow closely either way , I might pick up the compact in the meantime and start the rabbit hole of building my first actual mech keyboard . Just wish there was more options for UK iso keycaps . :D

There's people who pre-ordered the ANSI board multiple months before release still waiting on it.

I think if the ISO launch is put back another few months I'll consider the Keychron K8.

I'm going to email Glorious and see if I can get any info out of them. Their discord is mostly just other buyers like us wondering whats happening with ISO.

Associate
There's people who pre-ordered the ANSI board multiple months before release still waiting on it.

I think if the ISO launch is put back another few months I'll consider the Keychron K8.

I'm going to email Glorious and see if I can get any info out of them. Their discord is mostly just other buyers like us wondering whats happening with ISO.

be interesting to see if they give you any info on it . I haven’t actually joined there discord tbh . I do think why they don’t run the iso versions along side the ANSI ones as iso seem popular aswel . I’ve been on the fence about the k8 TKL. .

Back
Top Bottom