What "man jobs" have you done today?

Associate
Installed guttering on the garage and attached my repaired water butt. Was going to install a french drain too but B&Q forgot to deliver my new shovel.

dod

dod

Soldato
Moved into a new to us house in December and gradually getting the jobs we want to do identified and started. Today was retiling an en-suite that had water damage to the floor.
Got a quote of £3500 plus tiles and thought it was too much so decided to take it in myself. Never done anything like it before so be interesting to see the final result.

Soldato
I finally got the glossing finished in guest bedroom on Thursday morning. There was a hella lot of it due to the stupid built in wardrobe. The doors got rehung today and handles re attached etc.

Awaiting for new carpet quote now.

3Xv2qpmh.jpg

pXmGrfDh.jpg

wWPeic2h.jpg

Soldato
4ft unframed mirror fell off the bathroom wall onto the bathroom sink, didn't smash but destroyed the sink instead. fitted new sink..

Also removed a radiator from living room and dropped projector screen 15cm.

Associate
I would just be worried of leaving root parts in there and it all spreading again……

I know, but I heard that if you remove as much of it as possible, then the new grass should be able to outgrow and block any remaining bits.

If any does regrow, I'll dig it out asap before I end up with this much again.

I had broad leaf dock everywhere first which was much easier to remove than counch grass, the so called 'taproot' was easy to dig up.

As long as I don't go and just ignore it for almost 3 years again, it shouldn't end up this bad in the future.

Soldato
Gods Country, But trailing in Ron-ski's solar wake
I know, but I heard that if you remove as much of it as possible, then the new grass should be able to outgrow and block any remaining bits.

If any does regrow, I'll dig it out asap before I end up with this much again.

I had broad leaf dock everywhere first which was much easier to remove than counch grass, the so called 'taproot' was easy to dig up.

As long as I don't go and just ignore it for almost 3 years again, it shouldn't end up this bad in the future.
I heard different, but then thats nothing new………but hopefully as my garden is fully blocked off now with raised beds, wallsa dn fencing, im hoping by using glyso it will never come back

Soldato
Cleared out behind the shed and put up some fencing to block the ivy that comes from next doors garden wasteland as much as possible.

Just need to prep the spare barrel I have to turn it into a water butt, that can wait until next week.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Boarded out a bit more of the loft.

Dug some more of the garden out, just need some nice weather to dry it all up so it can be raked a bit more :( Sadly it's going to be wet all week!

Caporegime
Spent 4 hours scraping out cracks in a bedroom chimney breast and have only done about half so far. The smaller cracks are visible to the eye but you can't feel them with your finger and the scraper was too thick to get in to them so I had to resort to a Stanley knife. Now wondering whether they're too small to worry about and I should just paint over the rest.

Got a few of the same size on my bedroom chimney breast as an example of the size.

Soldato
Spent 4 hours scraping out cracks in a bedroom chimney breast and have only done about half so far. The smaller cracks are visible to the eye but you can't feel them with your finger and the scraper was too thick to get in to them so I had to resort to a Stanley knife. Now wondering whether they're too small to worry about and I should just paint over the rest.

Got a few of the same size on my bedroom chimney breast as an example of the size.

I'd have been tempted to just scape filler over the top and see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom