The anti Israel = anti semitism agenda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I see Biden is messing about.

"For 3rd time, US blocking joint Security Council statement urging ceasefire"

https://www.timesofisrael.com/for-3...-security-council-statement-urging-ceasefire/

Biden hasn't appointed anyone to that region.
What the hell is he doing. Shame on him.
But he said he hopes it will end soon. We just need to believe more right?
What would likely happen if the US completely stopped supporting Israel including sanctioning them?
It will never happen, haven't all the Republicans and half the Democrats signed a letter stating they support Israel's military aid regardless of any human rights violations?

If it did - lets be honest, it would be deemed the most anti-Semitic thing ever to have happened on this planet.

This whole saga only has one ending. But as long we make sure criticism of the Israeli government is completely equal to other bodies - we can rest easy whilst millions of people are sandwiched and subjugated into a living hell.

Be interesting to see how some on here would have reacted (on OcUK if it existed back then) to the build ups of segregation and Apartheid - the cynic in me thinks some would try and downplay/deflect.

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
You continue trying to excuse or justify racist behaviour by not applying the same standards to Antisemitism as are applied to other forms of racism.

I reject that line of thought.

It's not hard.
Your continual conflation of the highly contested, recent broad definition of anti-Semitism as out-and-out racism and indiscriminate flack cannon of accusations calling others racist based on such is the the issue I have.

I called out legitimate racism of Jewish people on a previous page, which would fall under the traditional bracket of anti-Semitism which is widely regarded as racism.

Your defensive misuse of the term racism is quite negative, also outlined by Dowie previously, and appears to simply be a fall-back. Please, continue to call out what has debatably been referred to as modern anti-Semitism all you wish, but refer to it as such and stop calling others racist when they are quite obviously not and are quite apparently pro-human rights.

You do a disservice to victims of racism.

Man of Honour
What would likely happen if the US completely stopped supporting Israel including sanctioning them?

Probably push them towards Russia or even Turkey and result in chaos in the region for awhile as they'd probably go on the offensive while they still had the initiative.

Man of Honour
Your continual conflation of the highly contested, recent broad definition of anti-Semitism as out-and-out racism and indiscriminate flack cannon of accusations calling others racist based on such is the the issue I have.

I called out legitimate racism of Jewish people on a previous page, which would fall under the traditional bracket of anti-Semitism which is widely regarded as racism.

Your defensive misuse of the term racism is quite negative, also outlined by Dowie previously, and appears to simply be a fall-back. Please, continue to call out what has debatably been referred to as modern anti-Semitism all you wish, but refer to it as such and stop calling others racist when they are quite obviously not and are quite apparently pro-human rights.

You do a disservice to victims of racism.

So just to be clear, I'm in the wrong and evil in your eyes for supporting the idea that it's not ok to call jewish people Nazis?

Gotcha.

Soldato
but you're asking me to defend a specific case that you clearly don't like
'like' doesn't come into it. and i'm not asking you to defend it. i asked if you were ok with the it, and you've went on to answer that, sort of (quoted below)
whereas I'm coming from the position of respecting the principle
respect is one thing, agreeing is another. at no point have i mentioned the jewish people either as a race or religion. i've only commented on the state, or rather the government of israel, much like i don't refer to the german people as a whole but rather the nazi regime. for people to think that it's ok for israel to be able to force the change of definition of a term (antisemitism) is disgraceful and utterly disgusting. and, imo, detracts from those who have suffered from or continue to genuinely suffer from antisemetic abuse. calling the state of israel nazi like for it's behaviour towards palestine is in no way a slur or attack on the jewish race/religion.
Are you rejecting the principle in full (thereby moving the onus from perception to confirmed intent for all forms of racism), or are you just suggesting it shouldn't apply in full to certain groups?
i reject the principle that the state or government of israel and the jewish religion/race are interchangeable.

Soldato
But he said he hopes it will end soon. We just need to believe more right?

It will never happen, haven't all the Republicans and half the Democrats signed a letter stating they support Israel's military aid regardless of any human rights violations?

If it did - lets be honest, it would be deemed the most anti-Semitic thing ever to have happened on this planet.

This whole saga only has one ending. But as long we make sure criticism of the Israeli government is completely equal to other bodies - we can rest easy whilst millions of people are sandwiched and subjugated into a living hell.

Be interesting to see how some on here would have reacted (on OcUK if it existed back then) to the build ups of segregation and Apartheid - the cynic in me thinks some would try and downplay/deflect.

You need to read the link and not the head line.

"When council members moved to hold another meeting last week, the US mission pushed back on the effort for the same reason, saying it preferred to wait until Tuesday. After pressure from multiple missions, the US agreed to move up the meeting to Sunday."

What the hell is the old fart up to?

And his party is ripping each other a new one over this.

Man of Honour
@deuse what do you think Biden should be doing?

I only ask as I think that current criticism is more appropriate against both Hamas and the Israeli response, rather than principally at Biden.

Soldato
Update

"COPENHAGEN, Denmark — US Secretary of State Antony Blinken says the US has requested “details” and a “justification” from Israel for an airstrike on a high-rise building in Gaza housing international media outlets."

"Blinken adds that he hasn’t personally seen any information shared by Israeli authorities and therefore doesn’t want to comment on the legitimacy of the strike."

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveb...n-from-israel-on-bombing-of-gaza-media-tower/

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
So just to be clear, I'm in the wrong and evil in your eyes for supporting the idea that it's not ok to call jewish people Nazis?

Gotcha.
Hahaha what a rebuttal! The definition you so freely use is not about calling Jewish people Nazi's, it is about comparing the actions of Israel to that of the Nazis.

You appear to be a clever individual, usually, so I'm unsure of why you choose to discuss in a manner akin to that of a SJW.

Man of Honour
Anything is better than nothing.

Even putting a envoy there would be good, but that will take many weeks to pass.
I have always found the US to be unduly ‘pro’ Israel in this conflict, where to my mind there are two ‘culprits’ subject to fair criticism.

Hamas; relatively ‘unsophisticated’ and clearly involved with terrorism.

The Israeli State; sophisticatedly and indiscriminately treating swathes of people like they are all Hamas.

Fundamental wrongs on both sides of ‘the fence’ and basically impossible to ‘support’ either.... the only people you can champion are those on either side who want a peaceful resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom