Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Caporegime
What was the flaw?

Excess wear on the valve guides leading to high oil usage which then got everywhere inside the engine and damaged the pistons. Led to lots of engines requiring completed rebuilds at low mileages from as little as 10k. I have seen one guy who has had three engine rebuilds under warranty and he hasnt even done 30k miles yet!

The SP6 is a great but flawed engine. You can of course pay big money to have the engine rebuilt with improved components so this won't happen again. Seems TVR didnt do this with their warranty rebuilds, they just put the same original components back in which were then destined to fail again.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you've had it rebuild in the last 7 or so years they normally come with a 3-5 year unlimited mileage warranty. Not that anyone does many miles in them.

There is a guy on piston heads who has a t350 that did 145k miles on the factory engine, so some of them must have been built alright! I think he said he was on 260k miles and on his 3rd engine last I read.

Soldato
This would do as a casual daily driver.

The colour is a little bit warm off the phone camera, but it looked stunning in an understated way.

uAekQOG.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Out with the club last week doing some shots for them.

IMG-6853-copy-1280.jpg

Love this 600LT.

Back
Top Bottom