• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ti/3070-ti reviews thread

Associate
Looks like the cheapest card is going to be Zotac who also have the longest guarantee at 5 years.

I am going to wait - to me this looks like a very expensive set of cards that will probably end up cooking themselves. Who wants to pay over 1K for a card that is likely to die early after the guarantee runs out - some of them are only covered for 2 years.
Looks like planed obsolescence is coming to GPUs Market.

Phones, tablets, now laptop Are infected by this plague , now other components on the way there to.

Associate
I'll pass. Disregarding the crazy prices at which you might actually be able to buy either one, and looking at the official retail prices for the founders edition ones:

3080 - £649
3080 Ti - £1049

Is the 3080 Ti faster? Of course. Is it £400 worth faster? Nowhere near.

Soldato
I mean, technically:

The 3080 RRP is the same RRP as the 2080
The 3080ti RRP is the same RRP as the 2080ti

What's the problem? Supply, not Nvidia's price so you can hop off ya bandwagon

Wasn't the 2080ti quite a bit faster than the 2080 or am i remembering wrong.

30% I believe.

@Grim5 Exactly as these boys said, problem is your paying way more for no real extra performance and a tiny bit more vram. It's Nvidia's way of scalping while prices are way to high.

Soldato
The 3090’s main cooling problem is the VRAM on the back of it. VRAM that the 3080ti doesn’t have.

Good point! The Vram cooling on the 3090 FE is a bit of a balls up but I undervolt anyway now and rarely top 90 degrees Vram in intense gaming (ray tracing etc) which I'm ok with.

It still sounds like the 3080Ti FE might struggle with cooling a bit though as it has a much higher fan ramp to compensate for the much smaller cooler compared to the 3090. My 3090 fans rarely go over 1200rpm on auto when gaming, they get too noisy for me past 1400rpm. 3080Ti FE sounds like it might be hairdryer levels....

Soldato
The 3090’s main cooling problem is the VRAM on the back of it. VRAM that the 3080ti doesn’t have.

the FE 3080ti still has terrible vram cooling for the vram on the front. Paul's Hardware in his review his 3080ti was thermal throttling at 108c and fans spinning hard to try and compensate and it wasn't even overclocked

Associate
the FE 3080ti still has terrible vram cooling for the vram on the front. Paul's Hardware in his review his 3080ti was thermal throttling at 108c and fans spinning hard to try and compensate and it wasn't even overclocked

Hmm, it's probably using the same awful thermal pads as the 3090. Also probably better off undervolting the card rather than looking to overclock - the rest of the range perform better (thermals, power draw and FPS) by being undervolted.

Associate
I have a new 3080 TI FE, definitely going watercooling again the stock fan is just too noisy for me even at about 60%. To be fair it idles at 60C too, although it is 25C in this room.

Soldato
I have a new 3080 TI FE, definitely going watercooling again the stock fan is just too noisy for me even at about 60%. To be fair it idles at 60C too, although it is 25C in this room.

60c is super high even if your room was 35c that's too high.

the delta between room temp and gpu idle with air cooling should be about 10c, so your card should top out at 35c idle.

With water cooling that delta narrows further, my 3090 now idles just 1-2c higher than room temp

Back
Top Bottom