Google Pixel 5

Soldato
How are people finding the fingerprint reader after a few months of use? Whilst it worked fine when I first got it it fails far more than succeeds now... Really pretty annoying! Have done the normal add multiple records of the same finger but it still seems very flakey.
Would be really useful if it had somthing face unlock as an alternative....

Soldato
How are people finding the fingerprint reader after a few months of use? Whilst it worked fine when I first got it it fails far more than succeeds now... Really pretty annoying! Have done the normal add multiple records of the same finger but it still seems very flakey.
Would be really useful if it had somthing face unlock as an alternative....

Yeah I've noticed the same with the fingerprint scanner.
It seems very temperamental when your hands aren't totally dry (Slightly sweating etc)
I think my Pixel 2 was the same when I first had it though. It does feel like I'm constantly cleaning the sensor and my finger tip to get it to register.

Associate
Sometimes have the same issue when fingerprints aren't fully dry where it won't recognise. Similarly, a wipe of the reader itself seems to fix the issue.

Has anyone been testing the beta versions of Android 12 on the Pixel 5? And if so, what are the thoughts so far?

Associate
Picked up a pixel 5 a couple of weeks back for £317 through Vodafone after a bit of a mixup on their website, vet chuffed with it and the battery is awesome compared to my old pixel 4. Just looking at cases, how have folk found the official fabric cases? Do they wear quickly?

Soldato
Picked up a pixel 5 a couple of weeks back for £317 through Vodafone after a bit of a mixup on their website, vet chuffed with it and the battery is awesome compared to my old pixel 4. Just looking at cases, how have folk found the official fabric cases? Do they wear quickly?

My fabric one is still going strong, it has even been in washing machine twice.

Last edited:
Associate

You were lucky to pick one up-they were blitzed with calls after it went viral on hotukdeals.

Associate
I also got a Pixel 5 on the cheap ... using it as my daily driver for the past 5 days instead of my iPhone 12 Pro Max. Damn it is a small phone compared to what im used to. Battery seems to be a lot better than the Pixel 4 XL I used to have. But just about last a day with heavy usage.

Using a Spigen Ultra Hybrid case with it with a full coverage Spigen screen protector as well

Associate
You were lucky to pick one up-they were blitzed with calls after it went viral on hotukdeals.

I didn't bother phoning, just ordered through the site with an airtime plan. When the phone arrived just paid off the phone and cancelled the plan. Saved faffing about on hold for ages.

Think I'll go for one of the fabric cases, they look quite smart.

Back
Top Bottom