Summer Transfer Window 2021/2022

Don
Yeah I know but he’s come on leaps and bounds since then. Not to mention he will be in a team that isn’t getting pumped every week.

Perhaps I should’ve said “it’ll be interesting to see him in a good team in the PL”

Yeah I mean the season before he was in the PL he had similar stats in the Championship and ultimately failed in the PL, although so did the whole of the Norwich team :p

Caporegime
Yeah I mean the season before he was in the PL he had similar stats in the Championship and ultimately failed in the PL, although so did the whole of the Norwich team :p

8 in 38 that season
15 in 39 last season

I think he will be a very solid signing for Villa. Question is does this mean Grealish is on his way out?

Don
The statto's loved Buendia even during Norwich's relegation season. He wasn't the goal threat as he is now but his underlying numbers in terms of key passes, successful dribbles etc were really impressive for a side at the bottom of the table.

Associate
It would also lead to paying various other players more. £250k week should be plenty. Doubt he is on half that at Dortmund

He's reported to be on somewhere between 190 and 210k per week at Dortmund! Still £250k should be enough. But it's United, so pants always get pulled down.

Don
It's not just because it's Utd. He'll be joining as a £80m signing and joining a squad that has players already earning £300-350k per week - his agent would be mad not to demand that sort of wage for him.

In other news there's a few reports coming out of Germany linking Liverpool with Neuhaus from Monchengladbach. I won't pretend to know anything about him but he appears to be very highly rated and the stattos are drawing a few comparisons to Wijnaldum.

Man of Honour
I don’t know why people get so hung up on the money, if he’s important and the manager wants him, just sign him. Be nice if we could get some business done smoothly for once.

That said, I think it’ll happen. And I hope more follow.

Soldato
I don’t know why people get so hung up on the money, if he’s important and the manager wants him, just sign him. Be nice if we could get some business done smoothly for once.

That said, I think it’ll happen. And I hope more follow.
I guess to me it matters because it then means they have to try and offload dead weight to make some degree of financial sense which can then hold up getting new players in? Unless my thinking is wrong. I’m sure someone will correct me!

You're paying De Gea £350k+ per week, I wouldn't worry about what you're paying Sancho.
Well true, but at the time he’d been key to us being anywhere near the top half of the league. Just a shame he’s so variable now.

I think I’m more miffed about Martial’s wage than his! At least DDG did good stuff for sustained periods at some point!

Man of Honour
Once the wage bill is in the state ours is, there’s no easy way back, unless you’re happy to sign ‘lesser/unknown’ players and hope they turn out amazingly.

Not possible if you want to be at the highest level, just needs to be sorted gradually.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Once the wage bill is in the state ours is, there’s no easy way back, unless you’re happy to sign ‘lesser/unknown’ players and hope they turn out amazingly.

Not possible if you want to be at the highest level, just needs to be sorted gradually.

So you want it sorted gradually but you aren’t bothered about paying well over the odds in wages when we bring in new players?

Wage structure is massively important to every part of a club. It dictates who you can sign, the hierarchy of players, what youth players will get paid. It’s quite amazing the difference clubs pay their top players simply due to wage structures. We won’t be able to sell DDG or Pogba easily partially due to their wages.

Man of Honour
Ornstein reporting that we're preparing a bid for Brighton's Ben White. Can't pretend to have paid much attention to him, is he any good?

Looks like a versatile player who can cover for a bunch of positions that we need, but the rumoured price is £40-50mil. He's primarily a CB and at 23yo I'm not sure where that leaves the likes of Saliba or Holding. Makes even less sense if our transfer kitty isn't substantial, we need midfielders!

Back
Top Bottom