Gpu or cpu?

Associate
I'd either go for a fourm deal card, the 3070 forum cards were about £650, which is around the price of a used 2080 TI, or chance it with trying for a 3080/3070TI FE card.

Defiantly wouldn't buy a 20 series ATM, stock is starting to return, and the first cards to end up in the laughter house (used market value wise) will be the 20 series.

Soldato
I think you have an underlying issue you need to problem solve still, not sure why this thread went off the rails and switched to discussing upgrade paths for a system that should perform better than it currently is. Work from the bottom up (grab a cheap SSD if you need to), barebones install, OS, drivers and problem game, test different driver versions, major and minor, check if upgrades for your mobo bios address any specific issues you might be seeing, etc..

Soldato
OP
I think you have an underlying issue you need to problem solve still, not sure why this thread went off the rails and switched to discussing upgrade paths for a system that should perform better than it currently is. Work from the bottom up (grab a cheap SSD if you need to), barebones install, OS, drivers and problem game, test different driver versions, major and minor, check if upgrades for your mobo bios address any specific issues you might be seeing, etc..

I have ran a benchmark test for Shadow Of The Tomb Raider.. here are the results, hopefully someone can chime in and see if that looks about right regarding performance of my 2080 Super? (NOTE: this is with DLSS turned OFF)!

UzLLAfn.jpg

Associate
I have ran a benchmark test for Shadow Of The Tomb Raider.. here are the results, hopefully someone can chime in and see if that looks about right regarding performance of my 2080 Super? (NOTE: this is with DLSS turned OFF)!

UzLLAfn.jpg

Put settings on Ultra, turn on RTX and disable V-Sync and show us the results.

Associate
Sorry Zeebedy, try these settings, just trying to get a good baseline to compare with other results.

foudJCw.jpg

Oh and update your drivers :)
foudJCw

foudJCw

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Just played BFV after updating my drivers and a fresh reboot, but nope :( same issue.

Here is a screen grab straight after I played some BattleField, I still dont get why the game isnt maxing out my GPU? Its sitting at like, 70-80%?? :confused: :eek:

QXQqRR2.jpg

Associate
It's likely that you are CPU limited in this title, some games do like more cores and i'm guessing this is one of them. Is your CPU usage at 90-99 in BF5 ?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
UPDATE:

here is the same benchmark for SOTTR. Using my new GPU..can someone break it down for me and explain where im lacking? GPU bound from 95% to 21% :eek:

Is it CPU again?

TcwM1wT.jpg

Back
Top Bottom