Fifth Gear On Tonight

Soldato
NEW SERIES.

New series. Tiff Needell takes the £890,000 Bugatti Veyron - the fastest car in the world - for a test drive. Jonny Smith discusses the virtues of the compact Mitsubishi i and Tom Ford gets behind the wheel of the Maserati GranTurismo as he travels the roads of Italy. Plus, rugby star Kyran Bracken undertakes circuit-driving tuition and Vicki Butler-Henderson tries to find out which is quicker, the Audi S5 or the BMW 335i

Man of Honour
The info box on Sky says that the Veyron test will be the first ever TV test for it. What about Top Gear? :confused:

So far, as expected, Fifth Gear sucks. It is incredibly boring and amateurish. I wonder what Tiff will do? Powersliding a car? Surely not?

I hate that stupid tom boy Vicki Hitler Benderson. She is an awful presenter.

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Upon seeing that Maserati I want one!
Upon hearing it I want one!
Upon Tom giving the performance stats, I want one!
Upon hearing about the Auto box, I am a little put off but I want one!
Upon hearing it weighed 1800kg I cried! :(

Maserati I want a lightweight version of the Grand Turismo, because that car is simply stunning and sounds absolutely amazing. :)

Soldato
I reckon Fifth Gear would go "OMG A VEYRON!!one!" and say it's brilliant.

I reckon Top Gear would tell the truth about it.

This is probably why Top Gear haven't been given one to test properly yet... ;)

Soldato
The info box on Sky says that the Veyron test will be the first ever TV test for it. What about Top Gear? :confused:

First time one has been driven round a track flat out, Topgear were only allowed to take it down VWs test straight to vmax but they have never been allowed to take it round the topgear test track. I do think they get one this season maybe off a owner rather than VAG it would interesting to see how it does against the Enzos time etc.

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Well I will go against the general feeling here and say that I really enjoyed this episode.

The 335i vs S5 was really good, though it could have gone into more detail about other aspects of the cars and not just their on track performance.

The city / smart car stuff was awful, waste of my time.

The maserati was simply superb and the Buggati Veyron was amazing, TIFF was like a big kid as he really pushed the car hard and watching him do so was fantastic fun.

Can't wait until next weeks episode with the R8 and 911. :)

Back
Top Bottom