I want XP back but how to dual boot?

Associate
Hi all

Had Vista for a few months now not very impressed, it's prettier than XP but twice as slow and it's hard to see what benefts it offers. The negatives are easy to see (driver issues, hardware hog, having to buy / upgrade loadsa stuff so it's compatible etc.)

Vista is installed on C drive (2x 160GB drives). Can I install XP on the C drive drive without upsetting the Vista installation. I also have a 320GB D drive.

I want to be able to dual boot between vista and xp

Worried I'll destroy my vista install

Thanks

Pete

Associate
I've got two drives setup similiar to yours. I went about installing vista on the first drive then removed the vista drives data cable and installed xp on the second drive. Then via the motherboard boot drive selection on start up decide what operating system to boot from. This will then not impact either drive configuration.

Soldato
I've got two drives setup similiar to yours. I went about installing vista on the first drive then removed the vista drives data cable and installed xp on the second drive. Then via the motherboard boot drive selection on start up decide what operating system to boot from. This will then not impact either drive configuration.

Nore will installing Vista and then installing XP without unplugging. It'll still work dandy.

InvG

Back
Top Bottom