Electro Recommendations

Associate
Ive just started to get into Electro and love stuff like Justice, Simian Mobile Disco and Digitalism

Just wandering if anyone else on here is into it and can recommend me some other good stuff to try out

Cheers

Associate
older: Vitalic, Daft Punk
newer: SebastiAn, MSTRKRFT, Teenage Bad Girl, Boys Noize

infact you'd probably be best just going through all the ed banger artists then start on kitsune.

Associate
OP
Cool thanks for that Jampy,

have been listening to Daft punk for years but never heard of Vitalic.

I saw MSTRKRFT a few weeks ago at get loaded and thought they were excellent.

Will definatly check out the Ed Banger artists.

Associate
erol alkan
switch, solid groove
sinden
herve, count of monte crystal
jesse rose
kissy sell out
diplo
m.i.a.
tiga
spank rock
oizo
riton
para one
headman
boys noize, pusique
felix da housecat
duke dumont
dj hell
hostage
surkin

Associate
Yeah, was gonna mention Air aswell.Moon Safari is one of the most essential releases of the 90's.

What about Endtroducing by DJ Shadow? It's more sampling and beats than electronica. Still aweseme.

Not strictly electronica, but the new Caribou is absolutely awesome. It's a varied record but towards the end it gets very synthy and electronic. Well reccommended.

Associate
Oh, and how could I forget. Boards of Canada are phenominal. Check out everything they've done. Starting with 'Music has a right to Children'.

Soldato
Oh, and how could I forget. Boards of Canada are phenominal. Check out everything they've done. Starting with 'Music has a right to Children'.
Yep, they're good. Check out Wisp if you like them - similar stuff, slightly more drums tho. :cool: Flashbulb also deserves a mention.

DJ shadow is considered "Trip Hop" but is awesome nonetheless... one of the best gigs I've been to.

Associate
Just to emphasise the point, Boards of Canada are pretty much essential listening. I would seriously, SERIOUSLY, recommend getting some of their stuff.

Back
Top Bottom