Official Enemy Territory Quake Wars

Associate
I found the demo to be quite good although the FPS cap is annoying the hell out of me.

I have tried the tweaks per the dev forums but it doesn't seem to do anything.

And now playing the game with the latest cat 7.9 drivers its virtually unplayable. (back to omega cat 7.4's I go)

Put this in your config

seta com_unlockFPS "1"
seta com_unlock_maxfps "90"
seta com_unlock_ timingMethod "0"
seta com_showFPS "1"

Soldato
Put this in your config

seta com_unlockFPS "1"
seta com_unlock_maxfps "90"
seta com_unlock_ timingMethod "0"
seta com_showFPS "1"

tried that and all combinations (I have a print out of the commands needed etc directly from the forum) but the cap just stays there.

I will try again exactly as you have put above though just to make sure I wasn't inputting it wrong.

Associate
tried that and all combinations (I have a print out of the commands needed etc directly from the forum) but the cap just stays there.

I will try again exactly as you have put above though just to make sure I wasn't inputting it wrong.

If your playing offline vs bots then the cmds dont work and the cap remains. However if they aren't working for you online all i can think of is that your autoexec isn't being read. Bring down the console and pgup to check (CTRL+ALT+¬) Also if you type the cmds into the console using 'seta' then they will be permanently written to the qw cfg.

Soldato
I like this game, it's similar to Battlefield 2142 except with more objective based gameplay rather than just capturing bases. You can also see across the whole map :) shame it's only 32 players max though.

The best thing about it is that it runs smoothly at 1920x1080 on my Athlon 64 and 7900GT!

Soldato
If your playing offline vs bots then the cmds dont work and the cap remains. However if they aren't working for you online all i can think of is that your autoexec isn't being read. Bring down the console and pgup to check (CTRL+ALT+¬) Also if you type the cmds into the console using 'seta' then they will be permanently written to the qw cfg.

a ha! thats why it won't work then. That stupid though. IF it works online why doesn't it offline?!

Back
Top Bottom