Delete Supreme Commander?

Soldato
Hello,

Could someone tell me how I completely remove a copy of Supreme Commander from a PC? A friend of mine (cough cough) has been playing a downloaded full version as a trial. He’s now done the right thing and bought the original. However, the original crashes while attempting to download the patch? I assume its because a copy has been detected due to some left over file in registry?

Cheers

Soldato
If my assumptions are correct, your friend did something a little creative and decided to download a different executable file that would skip the CD checks.

When you perform an uninstall of a game in the control panel the uninstall generally doesn't delete files that are not a part of the official installation, such as mods, new maps, and files that have been modified (like a slightly illegal executable :)).

Try uninstalling the game and also deleting the folder that you installed it into, and then install the game :)

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the advice, yep uninstalled the official route and deleted extra content (saved games etc) but that didn't work? Thought there might be a registry entry (searched for Gas Games) but couldn't find anything...I’ll try another deletion.

Last time I tried to install the patch it told me I didn’t have enough room on selected drive…it wanted 900GB free!!! (I’ve got a 100GB free…and that isn’t a typo)

Soldato
Another word of advise: the devs released an official patch that did away with the securom protection cd check; it was noted that this would directly conflict with any modified .exe files. Also as the use of unique game id regarding hacking would result in the gpg account being banned on the master servers (ie for multiplayer and updates).

Have a look here http://forums.gaspowered.com/ there's a lot of info about the game and account/running issues. Don't let on about cracking though or they will bin you asap.

Soldato
OP
Another word of advise: the devs released an official patch that did away with the securom protection cd check; it was noted that this would directly conflict with any modified .exe files. Also as the use of unique game id regarding hacking would result in the gpg account being banned on the master servers (ie for multiplayer and updates).

Have a look here http://forums.gaspowered.com/ there's a lot of info about the game and account/running issues. Don't let on about cracking though or they will bin you asap.

Cheers, I should be OK one way or another as the copy is totally legit now...

Back
Top Bottom