Confused About Speedfan's Data

Man of Honour
Hi, I need some help deciphering what it is that Speedfan is telling me:

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/1927/speedfanstemperaturesez6.jpg
speedfanstemperaturesez6.jpg

What temperature sensors are there on my motherboard? What on earth is at 103C?

I have in my system:

Asus M2N-E
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ 3.00GHz (AM2)
Zalman CPU cooler
2GB PC5300 DDR2 RAM
2x 36GB Raptors, 2x 500GB WD
2x Samsung Optical DVD-RW drives
BFG 640MB 8800 GTS
Creative X-Fi Fata1ty
2x USB2 PCI cards
1x USB + Firewire PCI Card

Any help will be gratefully received.

Last edited:
Soldato
can you verify what cpu? XP3000+ with pc5400 and a 8800GTS???

right to start off with i would have said that internal temp and remote temp and just dodgy fake readings, it can happen. so if you go to configure and just untick them so they dont show, also cpu is obviously not the right one so diable that

and on the basis of normal readings i would say temp1(top one) - cpu, temp2 - case, temp3 - chipset, temp1(bottom one) - possibly dodgy, core(top one) - core1, core(bottom one) - gpu core temp

edit: just checked mobo, am2. so its not XP3000 its a 64 3000 AM2

also use the program coretemp to verify which reading is most like the core temp that it shows, im expecting it to either be temp1(bottom one) or core(top one) . other then that im pretty sure its right.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Hi, thanks for your quick reply.

That makes a lot of sense cheers fella. It's a relief, I knew one or two had to be dodgy readings. The GPU temperature matches Riva's temperature as well.

Permabanned
Double check the correct reading in the bios and turn of the others as Speedfan is reading all the chips.

If fans read dmad high rpm,s you have use a divider.

This new build has only just added proper support for your mobo and newer, I has the beta's, it used to get some weird reading on Asus newer mobos.

Soldato
BIOS is the most accurate but will have different readings to those in Windows, mainly from the fact that when in the BIOS its using nearly 100% of the cpu meaning that its making it work its hardest and thus its going to show a lot warmer in BIOS then it might on desktop. dont quote me on that but i have heard it from several places.

and it is best to keep an eye on all temps so you know what is going on and where.

Back
Top Bottom