X-fi not working.

Soldato
I just received an x-fi pci card from the mm and basically I cannot get it to work for the life of me. It is connected into a pci slot (I have tried 2 different pci slots now) and still when i try to instal the drivers I get the message

"setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system"

Any one had this problem before or know what is going on with my sound card??

thanks.

(will try google in the mean time).

the mobo is an Asus A8N and the x-fi is the one on this site priced about £30

Soldato
You should really have done some research before buying the card. The X-Fi has major problems with the Nforce4 chipset. See the creative forums for more info.

Have you tried updating your motherboard BIOS as its one of the things creative suggest.

EDIT : The only one thats about £30 is the PCI-E extreme audio which i havent seen a single problem with so im assuming you have the extreme music PCI which is the problem card. Cahnces are the card is fine, your system just dosent like it

EDIT 2 : Do you have the X-Fi CD to install the drivers? I sometimes get that error in vista when using the ones off the website?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I have the latest mobo bios.

There are 2 cards around £30 on the site. the PCI one which is http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SC-049-CL&groupid=701&catid=11&subcat=

I don't have the original CD since it was bought from the mm.

Now I have looked into this as I said I would in my original post. Now when I purchase something I don't look into drivers to make me decision based on its product.

Creative appear to be pretty awful when it comes to there drivers. Something I have learned tonight. Now there appears to be some work arounds to my issues but none have worked.

I have tried the following.

Installed the latest drivers
Installed the drivers creative suggested after inputting my model number on the card
extracting the latest drivers and "force" installing.

I have hunted through a LOT of websites and some have said using the original CD has worked. This is one method I would like to try, however, I do not have the original CD so I now need to find a copy of this CD.

I am also downloading "creative_sbxfi_youppax2007" I have red this has worked for many also. Problem with this is that the file is 660mb when all I want is the drivers.

to add more **** this has crashed Windows and caused me to re-instal everything onto the HDD, loosing everything in the process (although most was backed up).

Oh how I love dealing with computers.

EDIT again: thought I should add that windows can find the card in the PCI slot so it is a driver issue for sure.

EDIT again: does anyone want to mail me a copy of the instalation cd?

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
to add more **** this has crashed Windows and caused me to re-instal everything onto the HDD, loosing everything in the process (although most was backed up).

Oh how I love dealing with computers.

Have to love Windows. How it just doesn't work, even more so especially when its Vista.

Back
Top Bottom