Mourinho leaves Chelsea?

Soldato
Jose was obviously a great motivator of players but he was far from a master tactician.

Read his track record, its impressive and with motivation alone you don't get that kind of success :)

Huth may have been a panic move, but it might have worked, certainly no worse than throwing Crouch or Heskey up front :p Had it worked everyone would have lauded him a tactical magician, it didn't so now he's tactically poor :confused: Desperate times call for desperate measures, sometimes that's not enough, sometimes you lose no matter how much you're doing to win a game. Nothing to do with tactical deficiencies.

Man of Honour
Whatcha talkin' bout willis? The amount Jol or Benitez spend in one close season is spent by Chelsea on one player alone.

Jose was obviously a great motivator of players but he was far from a master tactician. Just look at what he did in the first semi final against Liverpool when loosing in the dying minutes.....throwing Robert Huth on up front and told the lads to boot it to him.

I am genuinely sad that he has gone because he was a great character to have around in the Premier League. He provided no end of amusement with his antics and outbursts. However, Chelsea fans needn't worry while the Russian's cash is still there.

Spurs have won one league game so far and they spent 4 times as much as Chelsea did this season, surely they should've won more or at least be in the top half of the table if it was all about money.
JM made some fantastic half time player and tactical changes during his time, perhaps if you watched them you would be better equipped to comment on his tactical ability.
You sound like a Liverpool fan:)

Caporegime
Not the best timing it has to be said and it's pretty obvious that 'by mutual consent' means you either leave or you're sacked.
I can only think that JM stood his ground over the recent results we've had, ie blaming the fact that we can't score goals at the moment on we haven't got the players to do that and that's not necessarily his doing, it's clear he's never been happy with the side that's been forced upon him so good on him for standing up for himself.
People who say they don't like the sort of football he plays have no idea what they're on about as this season our football has been attacking and very good indeed, all that's been missing is someone to hit the back of the net, the sheer amount of chances we've created are testament to that.
I hope it doesn't spark some sort of revolution amongst the players as it's fair to say that the majority of them liked him and playing for him.
He'll be missed massively, not only by Chelsea fans for helping bring us the most success and best days we've ever had, but also by other fans who realise the colour he's brought to English football and how he's helped raise the standards of the PL.
I've no idea who'll replace him long term but it'll be a very hard act to follow that's for sure.
Cheers for everything JM it's been brilliant on and off the pitch.
Flying high:)

Nice, but I think what you did win would have been won with the tinkerman and the money anyway.

Caporegime
Spurs have won one league game so far and they spent 4 times as much as Chelsea did this season, surely they should've won more or at least be in the top half of the table if it was all about money.
JM made some fantastic half time player and tactical changes during his time, perhaps if you watched them you would be better equipped to comment on his tactical ability.

But isnt it about wages as well. I read a letter on Football365, this was the letter.....

"I'm really bored of these annoying true blue Gunner Gooner ****s like Marc Ollington and their boring transfer quips. AFC spend £43 million a year more in wages than Spurs. So in the last two years they have spent £86 million more than Spurs. Or don't wages count?

I think if you add transfers and wages together you will see why there is a "Big Four" and why it is so hard to break into.

I dont know if thats true I havent researched it but on the face of it you can see why Spurs spending more than chelsea for one season may seem a lot but they still aren't spending anywhere near the wages of say chelsea.

Soldato

If Mouriniho had joined and not been allowed to buy, Chelsea would not have had the successes they have had. Spurs have bought rubbish, Chelsea bought class players.

Mouriniho is not even close to the level of tactical ability of someone like Capello or Hiddink. Granted, his record at Porto was good but the Portuguese league is like the Scottish league really in terms of strength. And anyone can fluke their way to a Champions League win....just ask Rafa ;)

Caporegime
i think that Jose tactically wasnt that inept at all.

Fergie has pushed John O'Shea up front before, and played Bellion up front on mre than one occasion. Does that make him a tactical failure? a madmad? Why of course it does, and yet he still gets viewed as one of the best managers in the UK.

So going by that logic Jose was not far behind.

I think chelsea will lose some of that overfacing - "YEA" - *pumping fists to the air* totally american style celebrations, but it all looked fako to me anyhow.

Soldato
Benitez has spent God knows how much and has done little for the PL, Jol spent £40m+ this year alone and has done nothing for the PL.
To say that JM had no part in increasing the quality of the PL, no matter what he spent, is ludicrous:)

Benitez has only had the chance to spend real money on players this season, so we'll have to wait and see how it pans out, looks pretty good right now though......

As for Jol.... well :/

I cant see Jose has done anything special at all, the team got where they did by spending huge sums of money, bringing in many expensive players. The only thing Jose has REALLY done for the PL is put player prices through the roof.

Soldato
Mourinho is not "tactically inept" at all. Take for example the FA cup final last year, he forced United to play Chelsea at their own game, it wasn't pretty but they scraped through in the end.

Sometimes he's made some strange decisions like taking players off 25 minutes into the game but overall he's shown many times he can change a game in his favour from the touchline.

Soldato
You only have to look at Real Madrid to see that limitless funds and a team of star players doesn't guarantee success. Mourinho is a good manager, winning the prem the way he did with such a big amount of new players in his first season is an acheivement regardless of money, pity he's such an idiot!

If it weren't for RA interference they'd be in so much better shape, can't see them doing much with the new top man.

Caporegime
Speaking as a neutral, Spurs have spent a load of cash this season and this season only, pretty much same goes for Liverpool.

In their tenures however, Benitez has masterminded two champions league finals, winning one. Having seen Liverpool play those two champions league campaigns aswell, they came up against far better teams, yet Benitez had the tactical nouse to get his team through. Twice against money bags Morinho, remember?

Back
Top Bottom