World In conflict

Soldato
How are people finding their gfx cards cope, is this a cpu game or gfx card game? Was wondering whether its worth an upgrade consideration

Associate
I just got to the end of the first level only to have the credits come up. It turned out i had installed the full game over the demo version :)).......i hope my save game works after a reinstall.

Caporegime
terrible terrible single player. generally i hate playing rts's online and love single player campaigns, each to his own and i won't knock the multiplayer. but single player is a case of, move any units to green circles = win. green circle capture is the objective, theres no other way to win, you don't need to do much direct control of units except get them to the circles. its incredibly dull, no matter how well planned out the enemy attacks and now cinematic it all feels, you just, as the player, are barely involved.

its , for some missions at least, really cool to watch the scene/battle play out, its just the most uninvolved single player rts i've ever played.

Soldato
I'm quite enjoying the single player...

It feels as if the single player campaign is to get you ready for the multiplayer game, and that's really where the strenght of WiC is. Story line and cuts scenes for the single player campaign are nicely done.

Soldato
I have to say I went straight into the multiplayer having played the single player in the demo. The multiplayer is a good crack and the graphics seemed to cope pretty well to be honest. I was playing it in 1600x1200 with most of the effects on high. Haven't tried tweaking it up further but it definitely seemed happy with those settings. Would love to get it up to 1920x1080 so I can play it on my telly. Tried it on the demo and seemed to do okay.

Fun game.

Soldato
Great game, but performance has been horrible on 2900xt's since beta and still hasnt been sorted even for retial. Atleast Massive have acknowledged the problems though and will be fixing them eventually.

As it stands though dx10 mode is unplayable on the ATi 2900xt, dx9 mode is fine though.

Associate
Single player seem a little too straight forward for my liking, go to circles, go to some other circles, and finally go to the last circles.

Hopefully the gameplay will pick up a bit after the first few missions. It all looks very nice though and the easy gameplay gives you time to zoom in and follow units around to admire the graphics though.

Crashed after about a 1 and half hour session, my graphics card probably overheated or maybe there is a memory leak somehwere :)

Associate
I'd agree that the single player campaign is mainly there so you can hone your skills for the multiplayer games. You don't have the same versatility in the sp campaigns as you would in other rts', as has been mentioned previously, but the spectacular graphics and cinematics make-up for this minor short-fall. I played the sp campaign for a good few hours last night... and will continue to do so later. MP game's where it's at though....

Running it on a E6300, 2x 36GB Raptors (Raid 0), 2GB 6400, and on a 8800 GTS 640Mb OC2. Running it at full whack at 1600x1024 with no problems what-so-ever. Averaging around 30fps. Screenshots to follow....

Soldato
Running it on a E6300, 2x 36GB Raptors (Raid 0), 2GB 6400, and on a 8800 GTS 640Mb OC2. Running it at full whack at 1600x1024 with no problems what-so-ever. Averaging around 30fps. Screenshots to follow....

This game is CPU intensive.
With my setup (2.6Ghz AMD, 320MB GTS) @ 1280 x 1024 I need to have AA, soft shadows & water reflects clouds turned off. Also have AF turned down to 4. This is in Vista though using DX10, in DX9 mode I can have all high except for AA which still needs to be off. I havent tried it on XP & cant be bothered as I use vista more anyway...

Associate
8v8 servers and you can start halfway through. Everyone has the same amount of points to order units with from 4 different classes and you concentrate on one area of a battle with a group of units under your command. Gameplay is fast and fun.

Back
Top Bottom