Playstation 3 + pc monitor

Associate
Hey

Ive been using my ps3 on my parents 32" Sony Bravia with the HDMI cable. I tried it on my little tv with the scart cable and the picture quality is just so poor in comparison.

I cant take their TV to uni with me so I was wondering which of the following options would be best, or any other ideas you lot have:

1) Buy a good quality scart cable as opposed to the ps3 standard scart.
2) Get a cable to use it on my 19" widescreen pc monitor.
3) Buy a new monitor, say 20" or 22" which supports hd resolutions.
4) The cheapest HD tv there is.

Opinions and guidance appreciated lads.

Permabanned
You'll need a HDCP monitor that has HDMI/Component input, the cheapest of these is a 24" I think.

Could be wrong but I'm right about most of what I said, I think.

Associate
You can easily get an HDMI to DVI converter. I believe the smallest HDCP-compliant monitor is the Gateway FPD2185W. Then again, a 19" shouldn't look too bad - as for cables, have a look into "HDFury".

Soldato
Off the top of my head check out the: LG 22LS4R 22" or Samsung SM225MW 22" for small monitor/tvs with HDMI ports. Or you can go the route that Mamotta suggests and get an adapter to use normal HDCP compliaint screen.

Associate
OP
I thinking of either a monitor like this with the hdmi-dvi cable (Samsung SM226BW 22" TFT Monitor)

Or Samsung Bordeaux LE26R87BDX 26" LCD HD TV

Theres a difference of around £150 and 4" viewing size.

What'd you recon?

Soldato
If you want the best out of the PS3 and aren't planning on using the same screen for your PC then I would say the TV is the best option as it will give you a good image size and shouldn't stretch the picture aspect ratio like some monitors can.

Back
Top Bottom