A better delete program?

Permabanned
I am wanting a small app I can stick on a USB stick or other media, that I can use instead of the standard windows delete function.

So I can select a bunch of files/folders I want to delete then it will remove them, but if one file cant be deleted then it will carry on and do the rest just leaving the ones that cant.

Can anyone recomend anything?

Soldato
del
rd

commandline tools that can skip when they reach an error

Yes. I've just experimented with this. If you make a batch file like below:

del %1
del %2
del %3

and you have 3 files that you want to delete, you can just highlight the three files and drag and drop them onto your batch file and it will skip over the ones it can't delete and keep going.

The problem with the above solution is that the number of files to be processed is unknown. If you have more than three files you will have to add del %4, del %5 and so on. Maybe you can have 100 lines ( del %1 to del %100 ) but that is really ugly. Someone can probably come up with a more elegant solution.

Permabanned
OP
Yeah I still have you little excel and rd command thing you gave me last time bookmarked, but was more after something windows based, where i can select which directories to rmore and which one's to delete.

hmmm.... maybe time for some experimentation with for loops and the %1, %2 variables.

Back
Top Bottom