UF police taser someone for asking a question

Soldato
You pay to go in a night club, if you don't follow the rules you get removed. The same with Q&A sessions, there's strict rules. If you don't follow them you are removed. The police didn't diffuse the situation, but they also didn't do anything inheritantly wrong.

He struggled, he disobeyed, he looked like he was going to obey, they let him go, he disobeyed, he got arrested, he struggled, he got warned, he got tazered.

Why do they need police officers to oversee a Q&A? Surely just the Q&A organiser is enough to kick out trouble makers? Or is the situation in the USA so dire now that they need police everywhere - even protecting failed presidential candidates from tough questions?

Nobody told him to leave he just seemingly stepped over the edge for the woman police officer and she began the arrest all by herself.

Why didn't the Q&A organiser or hell even Kerry just ask him to leave? I doubt he would have made much of a fuss then. It's just the policer officers complete overshadowing of the situation that made everything happen as it did. You just don't man handle and arrest someone in that way when they, technically, haven't broken any laws. All he did was ask tough questions. All they had to do (and I still don't think they should have done this at all) was surround him and ask him to leave... politely.

absolutely right. you can't just be asked then forced to leave a public debate because someone doesn't like the questions you're asking.

agreed, and since when was it so hard for like 5/6 police officers to arrest a student without electrocuting him, I think they need more training, how on earth do the British police handle all the DD's on a Friday/Saturday night, they seem to be able to cope, yet in that video you have 5/6 police officers struggling to arrest a student, and then when apprehended and put to the ground they then decide to taser him lol, I think the Taser gun is a breeding ground for un-professionalism within in the police force.

Last edited:
Soldato
Pretty sorry state of affairs when a lot of people here actually think it was OK for the Police to act in the way they did, and those who have been conditioned and accepted the Police State even think it's funny, until of course something similar one day happens to them.. :(

Any punishment for any crime is for Courts of Law to decide, not some trigger-happy Copper with a Tazer. He was not arrested, he was not given his rights, he was not even told what law he had allegedly broken, he was no risk to anyone. How can anyone 'Resist Arrest' when they have not made any arrestable offence? It's ridiculous.

Soldato
You can't arrest the person just because you don't want to answer the repeated question which you are ignoring.. Wasen't a politician thrown out of question time a while ago, 75 year old dragged out by 6 policemen and arrested (later released)

They can throw him out if he is inciting violence or hatred against the government through propoganda etc etc which is probably what they'd accuse him/arrest him for.

Soldato
He really did do nothing wrong. If they had just let Kerry reply this would have been highlighted to nobody. Amazingly badly handled by the 'Uni Police'.

Soldato
If he was asked to leave, he's trespassing, disobeying a police officer, pushing police officer at least once in the face, the police let him go once as it looks like he's going to obey and leave, he runs back to the stage. Even when he's on the floor he continues to struggle. He's warned several times if he doesn't stop he'll be tazered.

So if I came into your work with four of my mates and a tazer while you were having a discussion with your boss, and told you to leave, then when you said no, we all sat on your head and tazered you, would that be alright? Because we warned you?

Because the way I see it, me and my mates would have about as much cause to do that as those Policemen did there.

Soldato
You pay to go in a night club, if you don't follow the rules you get removed. The same with Q&A sessions, there's strict rules. If you don't follow them you are removed. The police didn't diffuse the situation, but they also didn't do anything inheritantly wrong.

He struggled, he disobeyed, he looked like he was going to obey, they let him go, he disobeyed, he got arrested, he struggled, he got warned, he got tazered.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sE76LQwT6qA&mode=related&search=

John kerry told him to speak and the guy politely and calmly thanked him for his time. He may have gotten a little excited during what he was saying but kerry said he'd answer it and then they cut his mic off. It was that female cop that was on a power trip and while he's being tasered you can see the fat cop smiling. All the time the black cop is egging him on saying "tase him, tase him". There was no need for it, they just did it because they could. I'm sure if most people were told they're gonna be tased and someone kept saying "tase him, tase him" then they'd try and turn around and tell them not to like he was doing.

Just watching the video made me want to run over and push the cops off him, but then thats just me. I won't stand idlely by while something like that happens.

Man of Honour
Why do they need police officers to oversee a Q&A? Surely just the Q&A organiser is enough to kick out trouble makers? Or is the situation in the USA so dire now that they need police everywhere - even protecting failed presidential candidates from tough questions?
We do that in England, there's always police presence, especially when there's a high profile speaker.

Nobody told him to leave he just seemingly stepped over the edge for the woman police officer and she began the arrest all by herself.

Maybe the police had been pre-told, maybe the police got it though there radio. It's hard to tell exactly what happened at the beginning, the police tried holding him and he carried on talking.

Why didn't the Q&A organiser or hell even Kerry just ask him to leave? I doubt he would have made much of a fuss then. It's just the policer officers complete overshadowing of the situation that made everything happen as it did. You just don't man handle and arrest someone in that way when they, technically, haven't broken any laws. All he did was ask tough questions. All they had to do (and I still don't think they should have done this at all) was surround him and ask him to leave... politely.

As I said they could have handled it far better. I agree they should have tried a nicer approach to begin with, I doubt it would have got anywhere though

Associate
Those police officers should be fired immediately. You do not taser someone who is already restrained, especially a student who has about 5 officers on him. Anyone who debates that; well I hope to God you aren't in any law enforcement jobs.

Why he was treated this way, even just asking a few pro-conspiracy questions, makes these conspiracy claims even stronger. If people want the 9/11 theories to be put to rest, well, this isn't the way to do it.

Soldato
Those police officers should be fired immediately. You do not taser someone who is already restrained, especially a student who has about 5 officers on him. Anyone who debates that; well I hope to God you aren't in any law enforcement jobs.

Why he was treated this way, even just asking a few pro-conspiracy questions, makes these conspiracy claims even stronger. If people want the 9/11 theories to be put to rest, well, this isn't the way to do it.

An example of probably, in front of all those people.

Still rather funny:p

End of the day regardless of whether it was right to take him out or not the way in which they did it was wrong, 2 British police officers would have taken him out easy, they had 6 officers there ffs, after they pinned him down on the floor then they decide to taser him, it's a joke, just shackle him up and carry him out, they are either lazy or in need of re-training simple as.

Last edited:
Soldato
There was absolutely no need for him to be tased, with about 6 cops on him... I could understand if they tased him when he was restisting arrest, but I couldn't see a valid reason to tase him when he had already been cuffed...

Back
Top Bottom