GA-P35C-DS3R **HELP**

Permabanned
I've just brought the above board for a friend, along with a Q6600 and 2gb of OCZ pc-6400.

However there is something very wierd going on with it. When i change the SATA RAID/AHCI Mode to either Raid or AHCI rather than disable the windows setup will blue screen when it finishes loading all the drivers and gets to the starting point were it says starting windows.

If i run the setup with the sata mode set to disable it does not crash.

There is something else very strange when set to raid or ahci the board does not give me the option of the ctrl+i to enter the raid bios.
After post if should come up with the screen
Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager option ROM v.......
Copyright(C) 2003-2007 Intel.........

RAID Volumes :
None Defined

Physical Disks :
Port Drive Model Serial Size Type/Status
0 WD1600.... ....... 160gb Non-RAID Disk

press <ctrl-i> to enter confiruration utility

However it comes up with

Serial ATA AHCI BIOS version Isrc 1.07 00042086
Copyright Intel......
**This version supports only hard disk and cdrom drives **
Please wait this will take a few seconds

Controller bus00, device#1F, Function#02, 06 ports, 02 devices
port-00 Hard disk, WDC WD160000........
(drive is controller by the raid bios)
port-01.....
port-02 cdrom, optiarc dvd-rw...

AHCI bios installed

it then gives the

Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager option ROM v.......
Copyright(C) 2003-2007 Intel.........

lines but nothing below and no option to enter the bios, it just skips past.

Has anyone else seen this, or know if its likely to be a duff board?

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
are you trying to make a raid array? has this computer booted into windows without a raid array? can you post the system specs?

i am trying to create a raid 0 set with 2 wd cavilers, i have booted the system with an old ide drive that already had a windows installation on it and it works, sata disks are detected as individual drives.

Specs are

GA-P35c-DS3R
Q6600
2gb OCZ PC-6400 Platnium
ATI X1950
2 WD 160gb Cavliers
1 WD 320gb Caviler
1 NEC SATA DVD-RW
Hiper 580w PSU

At present i cant run windows setup without it blue screening when the controller is set to RAID or AHCI

Soldato
See this not long ago when I was trying to install my hard drive. I was on the Intel ports but only on a singular drive and not setting up a RAID array and when the Vista installation finished I blue screened. The only way I could get it work was to change the hard drive controllers in BIOS to "IDE" from "AHCI". Not sure if that helps at all but just wanted to mention it.

Soldato
I have this board and kept getting BSOD when trying to setup RAID0 on Vista 64bit I was plugged into the purple Gigabyte ports, as soon as I plugged into the Intel orange ports it worked a treat!

Read somewhere that the purple (Giga) ports are naff and to use the Intel?

Permabanned
OP
i've fixed it, it doesn't seem to like having sata cd/dvd drives on the same controller when creating raid arrays.
i moved the dvd to the giga ports and i now have the option to create arrays.

Its very odd as i have an asus p5k-e with the same controller and i'm running both sata dvd drives, and raid disks on the same controller

Also the crash on windows setup is caused when you dont press f6 and install third party raid drivers.
It shouldn't crash the install without them, but then thats windows for you :(

Associate
I'm having the same blue screen problems and I have done everything as outlined above.

My SATA DVD Drive is now on the Purple GIGA slots (what should I set it to? SATA/IDE, AHCI, IDE?) and I have 4 SATA Drives on the Yellow Intel Slots.
2 Of my Intel HDD's are in RAID-0 and the other two drives are non-RAID

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Maybe something in BIOS?

Should I flash my BIOS? The board is a revision 2.0 GIGA GA-P35-DS4 and the BIOS version is 1.07...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom