Veyron Vs Mclaren SLR!

Soldato
Why would they do that.

To make it have more of a chance matching the Koenigseggs laptime, Evo said it was quicker than a Enzo round twisty country roads in France however I suspect it would struggle to beat the laptime of the Koenigsegg without a little boost in power which I suspect would be available by uping the boost. The engine in current state of tune is designed for longegivity not out right power so I am sure there is some headroom in the boost department.

Soldato
Is there actually any fact to this or just rumour and pub talk.

You have to remember the Veyron is already 200bhp up on the CCX and it came out BEFORE the CCX too so why would they be concerned about a car that wasn't even out when the Veyron was launched.

Soldato
Is there actually any fact to this or just rumour and pub talk.

Its pub talk, built on a comment that all Veyrons are guaranteed the 1001bhp (or is it ps?) but that by no means makes it the maximum. Without hunting round for a source my understanding is that due to the engineering tolerances and the massive figures involved several cars have left the Bugatti factory with "over 1100bhp".

As for whether the CCXR would beat the Veyron round a track and would Bugatti tweak the car...its all speculation (and good fun all the same :)). Would Bugatti even care? In the eyes of the general public the Veyron *is* the fastest car in the world - mission accomplished..........despite the fact that car geeks know that it has a) never done an official "fastest car" run b) just been beaten by the SSC Ultimate Aero (in top speed terms) and c) it might struggle on a track against a largely unknown car maker from Sweden ;)

Back
Top Bottom