Sooo Quakewars this friday

Soldato
Been playing most of the night and I have to say my opinion has definetly changed for the better. What a game. Had some awesome fun and some of the new maps are just awesome.

I must advist NVIDIA users that you should set your AA level from the NVIDIA panel and not in game. It seems I got worse performance when using the in game AA setting than I did picking 16xQ from the NVIDIA panel :confused:

Soldato
Been playing most of the night and I have to say my opinion has definetly changed for the better. What a game. Had some awesome fun and some of the new maps are just awesome.

I must advist NVIDIA users that you should set your AA level from the NVIDIA panel and not in game. It seems I got worse performance when using the in game AA setting than I did picking 16xQ from the NVIDIA panel :confused:

I've been putting off buying this, as i disliked the beta and the demo intensely. I've been an utter quake fan since the release of q3 (since gone back and played 1 and 2) And for me, the game just doesn not feel like quake :(

The physics has changed, and, imo, that's what makes quake.

Although reading your post, it does make me feel like actually getting it, i'll probably wait a bit and see what everyone elses opinions are.

Caporegime
Wierdly my pre-order for the collectors edition has failed since I forgot my card had expired (pre-ordered it agggesss ago) - not that bothered as Im gonna give it a few weeks and see if its worth getting...

Actually more likely to get TF2 and considering I own all the Valve stuff but never installed it thats saying something...

ETQW is very dependent on playing with decent people - which rarely has happened in my experience and I just havent got the time to start clanning - at least with TF2 I expect to get some qulaity games irrelevant of the quality of team mates...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
So, surely some another people are playing this? I've only played it a little, around two hours or so, but I'm really liking it and it just gets better the more you play and are able to understand whats going on/what to do.

Caporegime
got my copy from that well known jersey retailer

managed to get time to get a quick bash on it last night. Anybody know if this has a buddy system like BF2142 ?

really liking it so far, just need to spend time learning all the classes and stuff. Ive managed to get the engineer to build anti tank/people turrets etc.. but who builds MG nests and guard towers ? i keep seeing them in the missions list but dont know which class i need to be.

btw does anybody find the guns stupidly easy to use ? i had a quick bash with the scoped assault rifle, and it was incredibly accurate firing single shots, once you get near your target, the crosshairs change, and if the crosshairs change, you'll hit every time. So easy just to single shot snipe with it

i sense a nerf comming ..

Associate
I'm loving it. Strogg Technician or GDF Infiltrator are very fun to play. :)

Bunny hopping saves your ass far too well though. You may was well just sellotape your spacebar down when you start the game up.

i've ordered the game but it's not arrived yet so i'm stuck with the demo (not played online) the funny thing is that all the bots bunny hop around to :D

Soldato
i played the demo last night and really enjoyed it. For me it looks great but is fun to play.

Played on several different servers last night.

I come from WWII fps and i'm looking for a way to chill. No complicated purchasing at the start just choose your player type and away you go. Nice powerups and stuff lying around made me order it last night for 28€ down.

Can't complain at that price. Cinema ticket + food comes to around 15-17€ and that's for 3h max. I'll get much more than that from the game.

I didn't play ET or quake so I don't have the expectations which is probably why I enjoy it more than others here.

I like that one of the bots is called "OMG HAX" hehe

Soldato
got my copy from that well known jersey retailer

managed to get time to get a quick bash on it last night. Anybody know if this has a buddy system like BF2142 ?

really liking it so far, just need to spend time learning all the classes and stuff. Ive managed to get the engineer to build anti tank/people turrets etc.. but who builds MG nests and guard towers ? i keep seeing them in the missions list but dont know which class i need to be.

btw does anybody find the guns stupidly easy to use ? i had a quick bash with the scoped assault rifle, and it was incredibly accurate firing single shots, once you get near your target, the crosshairs change, and if the crosshairs change, you'll hit every time. So easy just to single shot snipe with it

i sense a nerf comming ..

yeah until someone shoves a missile up your....... hehe

try standing still in the game for more than 3 secs.... :p

Associate
If you ask me they really need to nerf the sniper/railgun it's just stupid how easy it is to snipe in the game. Been playing Field Ops pretty much all the time, so much fun throwing Airstrikes into spawn points, or anywhere where the Strogg are defending :p

Soldato
Just ordered it.

Thus far have not played any of the big online FPS games such as battlefield. CSS is about the closest have come.

So kind of looking forward to it! Dont' think will be leaving the house this weekend anyway with this miserable weather, so perfect timing to try my hand at one of the big online games.

Caporegime
just a quick one

i never got round to downloading the demo. How do you capture outposts ? im used to BF2 of just hovering around it and letting the flag go up, but that doesnt seem to work in QW ?

Back
Top Bottom