Heroes Of Might & Magic 3

Associate
Hi guys, can someone please help me. I have just bought this and want to run it at a higher screen resolution but dont know how to force it to change. At the moment its runnning at 800 x 600 on my 24" widescreen and looks awfull. :(

Thanks

Klo

Klo

Soldato
Tbh, I think the game to old to have a higher resolution. I think it came out in 1999/2000, before big widescreens were around, meaning it doesn't support higher res. Although I may be completely wrong.

Associate
OP
Mmm hope thats not the case Kol, usually you can change a dat file and force it to run at a higher res....couldnt find one lol. Oh well...keep my fingers crossed I can find a way.

Associate
OP
No Manic, when I press F4 it comes up with a message saying my desktop colours need to be 66564 or something like that.???

Soldato
Tried setting your desktop to 16 bit , that should be 65k colours it's on about.

Other than that you could try running it with a "-w" paramater - linux version appears to support windowed mode using --w according to the Loki site who did the linux port.

If that fails you are probably out of luck and will have to run it either stretched to fill your screen or an 800x600 section in the middle if you turn off monitor scaling.

I've got the same thing with "the longest Journey" - only designed to run at 640x480 max and a 24" monitor too

Back
Top Bottom