ET QW Owns my rigg

Soldato
With all settings up full I'm lucky if I keep 30FPS for over a minute, when the bombs and bullets start flying I'm down to 18FPS at some points. Turning down AA doesnt make a great deal of difference.
However If I turn off shadows with everything else still maxed I'm always between 30/50FPS.
Any-one else have problems with this game, I mean the graphics are good but its hardly Crysis in DX10 on Ultra settings is it!

C2D @ 3.2
Asus 8800GTX
4GB OCZ 800Mhz
Asus P5B-Deluxe

Soldato
OP
Single player is slightly better but not much and I'm using Vista 64-bit.
My rigg runs bioshock o.k again 30/50FPS and I pull 12050 in 3D mark 06.
I can run 16x AA and still no slow down as long as shadows are off.
Gaming in 1600x1050 btw

Last edited:
Associate
Unlocks the FPS, which is capped at like 30/60FPS or something. I had the demo running poorly and someone told me to add that, FPS jumped to like 100 with everything on High/Ultra and no AA/AF.

Soldato
omg the game is running a bit slow ... BLAME VISTA, idiots.

Anyway there is a known issue with GTX cards, theres a fix on the QW forums afaik somewhere. It was introduced in a minor code change since beta, so no its not your OS :) theres a small fix for it but cant remember what it is atm, maybe when i get home.

Soldato
OP
omg the game is running a bit slow ... BLAME VISTA, idiots.

Anyway there is a known issue with GTX cards, theres a fix on the QW forums afaik somewhere. It was introduced in a minor code change since beta, so no its not your OS :) theres a small fix for it but cant remember what it is atm, maybe when i get home.

O.k thankx, keep me posted if you manage to find it ;)

Associate
It should be running fine on that rig. Unlock the FPS as suggested, there's a detailed explanation of that here

Also make sure you have single display mode set in the NV control panel.

Back
Top Bottom