Weird money thing - cash returned to my account

Soldato
OK thanks, that's good advice. It's a shame that they can't do these things properly - it would be good to know where I am with my money rather than a hundred odd quid maybe being there or not.

An authorisation code is valid for around 60 days, although in most cases the money is claimed within 3 working days, before the transaction has a chance to drop off the banks systems. I would advise you to contact your bank, as they will be able to tell you exactly what has happened, ie if the transaction just hasn't been claimed, or if it was reversed.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
It'll probably end up getting took back out.

Was the meal nice?

More importantly, was she nice afterwards?

The meal was great but no, she wasn't nice afterwards. What's the bloody point if you don't get sex afterwards, I say [NB - this is not an entirely serious comment].

Vixen - thanks for the advice, I may just do that.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
£100 for a 2 person meal! Where were you eating? Harrods?

doubt it. i think harrods charge £100 for a cup of tea! ;)

they certainly did when i was there a week ago!

Lysander, whereabouts in North London do you live? i'm in Woodside Park...

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Harrods is a massive rip-off, I used to work there. I loved the job but the prices they charge for worthless pap are insulting. It's mostly a shop for tourists, it doesn't offer much for anyone else.

Aod - I live in Muswell Hill, my road is about five minutes' walk from Highgate station. Not far from you at all.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
Harrods is a massive rip-off, I used to work there. I loved the job but the prices they charge for worthless pap are insulting. It's mostly a shop for tourists, it doesn't offer much for anyone else.

Aod - I live in Muswell Hill, my road is about five minutes' walk from Highgate station. Not far from you at all.

Ah, highgate. i have friends there...

Associate
£100 is hardly that much money for a meal for 2, especially if it was a birthday. Where do you take your ladies out, the local takeway?
Over £200 is easily possibly if your going to a decent restaurant and drinking wine.

Caporegime
£100 is hardly that much money for a meal for 2, especially if it was a birthday. Where do you take your ladies out, the local takeway?
Over £200 is easily possibly if your going to a decent restaurant and drinking wine.

Yesterday I went out with 3 friends at a decent Italian resturant and it only came to £65. Hardly a takeaway.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Yesterday I went out with 3 friends at a decent Italian resturant and it only came to £65. Hardly a takeaway.

£65 for three people is either a cheap restaurant or a very good value restaurant. I can believe there are places where you could have a very decent meal for that, though I don't believe you could have drunk a huge amount with your meal.

I'm surprised some people are questioning £100 for a meal. If you're going somewhere decent [and I don't mean Cafe Rouge] you should expect to pay something in the region of £100-£150, and more if you're going to town on the wine.

Tk7

Tk7

Associate
I think £100 for a meal is fine if, as you say, you're drinking decent wine. If I take the missus out, a nice meal would cost approx £30 each. This is with soft drinks as neither of us drink alcohol.

Soldato
£100 doesn't sound remotely ridiculous to me if you're going out for something special. Or, in fact, if you're happily rich and you're not.

I find it slightly amusing that the thought of spending £100 on a meal surprises people on these forums while the thought of spending £1500 on a new PC doesn't...

Soldato
£100 doesn't sound remotely ridiculous to me if you're going out for something special. Or, in fact, if you're happily rich and you're not.

I find it slightly amusing that the thought of spending £100 on a meal surprises people on these forums while the thought of spending £1500 on a new PC doesn't...

Well, to be fair. You get much more use from a PC and it lasts a lot longer than one meal and some drinks.

Back
Top Bottom