Mate wants Cayenne - opinions?

Jet

Jet

Soldato
A dragster has low times too. Your point is?...
I'd like to see track times, and if it lurches around tracks, how it performs off-road.

Jack of all trades, master of none comes to mind.

The guy's a car noob who likes the look of the Cayenne.

Why are track times even remotely important.

Soldato
Because it's "sports suv"

and is this guy planning on buying it for racing round the track? or using it for his daily commutes. an aerial atom is fast round the track.. your point is?

at the end of the day if he likes the look of the car and there's nothing mechanically wrong with it then so what if he wants one?

Man of Honour
(hes considering '98 models A3s, Chrysler Voyagers and Vauxhall Tigras...),

Who in their right mind would have those 3 cars in the same shortlist?

'Hmmm, what should I buy, a 3 door hatchback, a 2 door Corsa Coupe or a People carrier with 7 seats and sliding doors'

Man of Honour
and is this guy planning on buying it for racing round the track? or using it for his daily commutes. an aerial atom is fast round the track.. your point is?

Why would you want a 4.5 litre V8 powered car if you simply want something for a dailly commute and care nothing about performance etc?

Soldato
[TW]Fox;10192589 said:
Why would you want a 4.5 litre V8 powered car if you simply want something for a dailly commute and care nothing about performance etc?

so he can brag to his mates about the specs but also have comfort? as tbh that seems to be the people that would buy this car anyways.

Last edited:
Associate
hahahaha you think!!!! people just ask funny questions and watch all you guys go on one for about 6 pages lmao and never posts back!!

disclaimer.......
if its real post then i am sorry but i was joining on the bandwagon and can't be blamed for that

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Oh come on people, the Cayenne isn't comparable to a 911, it's up against the Ranger Rover.

Personaly I think it's about the most horrible car ever made and if your mate buys one he'll never be let out of a side turning (ever).

With massive alloys and low profile tyres it's rubbish off road which makes it's completely pointless unless you want a vehicle with a flash badge that lets you look over people hedges (maybe he should consider a Mercedes Sprinter).

Book him a test drive in a 5 series.

It doesnt need to go offroad, it is an ultra-luxury SUV, a very very nice one. If you are going to suggest a saloon alternative then the correct suggestion would perhaps be a 7-series BMW or an S-class mercedes - its in their league for ride and quality, and is in their league for price too.

Soldato
It doesnt need to go offroad, it is an ultra-luxury SUV, a very very nice one. If you are going to suggest a saloon alternative then the correct suggestion would perhaps be a 7-series BMW or an S-class mercedes - its in their league for ride and quality, and is in their league for price too.

Difference in ride and quality between an E32 7 Series, and E34 5 Series is almost non existant... The 5's a bit smaller, and handles better because of it.

Same story with the E38 7's and E39 5's.. Fully specced up the 5's just as luxurious, comfortable (or sporty if you get sports suspension), and its better sized for good handling on the 'b' roads.

Dont get me wrong, I love the 7 series... but unless you need the 7 for prestige, I'd recommend a 5 over a 7 to most people.

Soldato
A dragster has low times too. Your point is?...
I'd like to see track times, and if it lurches around tracks, how it performs off-road.

Jack of all trades, master of none comes to mind.

From what I remember, Evo did a test where they pitted a Cayenne against an Elise around a track, and the Cayenne whooped it.

Back
Top Bottom