Halography!

Associate
Hey all,
Haven't posted in here in ages - in fact haven't taken (or finished processing) any pics here in an age.

Have played a lot of Halo 3 recently though - also played around a lot with the in game screen capture functionality - you can create some fairly good shots which, to me least, can have artistic merit - what do you think? - feel free to flame

ps. the shots have had some post processing in PS (mainly levels, saturation and USM) - the shots of individuals dying are predominantly me

images removed

Last edited:
Soldato
I have never really touched images to edit their levels but I'm giving it a go. Can you explain how you did the USM? I found a tutorial but it doesn't seem to follow with my version of PS.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Sorry but this is a photography forum and they're not photographs. They're 3D renders which is a totally different type of art. I've seen this sort of thing done before and it seems to be growing in popularity. It's possible to make some really nice images but it really isn't photography.

Soldato
I had a go last night. Was up till 2am lol. Sad but Bungie servers were going sooooo sloooooow. So I only touched up the hue and saturation. I don't know how to use the quick mask in CS3 so I have loads of images I haven't touched because it messes up the rest of the image.

2745073-Full.jpg

2754918-Full.jpg

2708188-Full.jpg

2710104-Full.jpg

2713269-Full.jpg

Soldato
Sorry but this is a photography forum and they're not photographs. They're 3D renders which is a totally different type of art. I've seen this sort of thing done before and it seems to be growing in popularity. It's possible to make some really nice images but it really isn't photography.

Agreed. These belong in the Games section, not the photography section.

Associate
OP
firstly thanks to all who commented :)

Indeed not trying to be harsh, but please could a mod move this to the correct section?

no worries - but rather than move them to the games forum can a mod just delete the thread - I wasn't looking for a gamer's points of view if you see what I mean.

edit: just noticed I'm not in the games forum anyway - oops
sorry for all the hassle

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom