Xbox 360 Elite 360 Hard Drive failure

Associate
Xbox 360 = annoying

My 360 Elite on start up posts to error code E68 has anyone had this

when I remove the Hard Drive the 360 runs ok

Annoying thing is all my game saves is all lost anyone know any tips just for me to get my stuff of the drive.

Soldato
E68: Voltage Error... This error means that the Xbox 360 has insufficent power to function properly. This can be caused by an error in the hard drive or the fans that make them suck up too much power, it can also be caused if you have unnecessary accessories attached to the console like an external fan unit. Attempt to remove unnecessary accessories first, and then necessary components such as the hard drive and USB devices. If you have any case mods you may want to investigate those as well.

Don't have one of those addon fans do you? or have used one?

Soldato
I had an e68 error on my premium - Basically the hard disk was naff'd.

You need to call Customer Support - They should send you a new one, as the console is under warrranty

Last edited:
Caporegime
I believe it was Needles who said he'd read something in regards to the 120gb HDD's.
HDD's are fragile things and it's just unfortunate that some aren't working correctly.

Associate
OP
Just have taken the whole console back to my local g store and got a full refund really was looking forward to PGR4 but just can't be asked with the 360 thats was console number 7

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Just have taken the whole console back to my local g store and got a full refund really was looking forward to PGR4 but just can't be asked with the 360 thats was console number 7

7 :eek::eek::eek: thats has to be the new record on this forum

Soldato
The people saying he's "doing it wrong" need to get over themselves. I just got a 360 and while nothing's wrong with it (yet), aside from it being loud as a Dyson, I am constantly on edge waiting for a red ring even though it's on my desk in a well-ventilated area.

I've never had this worry with any console. These things are faulty by design, he's not doing anything wrong.

Soldato
Still on my near release console.

I've had to take it apart and re-apply some thermal paste as the OEM stuff on it was like cement. Since the thermal paste has reached optimum thermal conductivity it hasnt crashed whatsoever.

When i say how old my console is to sales people in game shops they're amazed it's still alive.

He must be doing it wrong though! :p

Josh

Associate
OP
can someone tell me we are meant to be turning them on or do you guys just leave yours gathering dust :)

I will buy number 8 once these become reliable

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom