Looking to buy number 8 360

Associate
OP
Just out of curiosity: Is the thing plugged into a surge protector? 360s seem to be quite sensitive with some surge protectors.

yeah the last 7 were plugged into a surge protector I will try without this time

It gets annoying as I lose the game saves the consoles are not sent back to microsoft for repair I just take the damn thing back to the store, then they give me a new one boxed sealed.

the first broke a few days after release back in dec 05 I added my pic on Show Us Your XBox 360 Setup! (first page) ever since then just been doomed with having a 360:)

It's not like I play every minute of the day I don't care about how big my gamerscore/tag is as I am not compensating for anything.

Gonna buy the console again this week for pgr4 I still say the 360 is awesome even though I had the issues nothing beats it when it works.

Permabanned
8. :eek:

My first died within 2 weeks and the replacement I got in January 2006 still works to this day, has been opened a few times and toppled over. :eek:

Soldato
guess you shouldnt have mentioned that its your 8th one and people might have answered your question:)

I would defo try and source the new CPU though, making it run cooler and quieter can only be a good thing, once they make a silent reliable Elite I will give my hairdryer to my nephew and get one.

Soldato
yeah the last 7 were plugged into a surge protector I will try without this time

It gets annoying as I lose the game saves the consoles are not sent back to microsoft for repair I just take the damn thing back to the store, then they give me a new one boxed sealed.

the first broke a few days after release back in dec 05 I added my pic on Show Us Your XBox 360 Setup! (first page) ever since then just been doomed with having a 360:)

It's not like I play every minute of the day I don't care about how big my gamerscore/tag is as I am not compensating for anything.

Gonna buy the console again this week for pgr4 I still say the 360 is awesome even though I had the issues nothing beats it when it works.

It worries be your using the word 'Buy'.... Surely your not buying these but, 'exchanging' them?!

Soldato

There is information the the 360 technical site about not using a 360 with a surge protector.
Microsoft is apparently blaming 90 per cent of Xbox 360 hardware failures on customers using surge protectors. Apparently concerned Xbox 360 gamers who phoned Microsoft's Xbox helpline were told not to use surge protectors, because they are likely to cause the 360 to fail.

Despite Microsoft giving no official explanation as to why up to 30 per cent of all Xbox 360s are dying prematurely, helpline staff are reading from a prepared script, blaming surge protection.

Apparently the consoles are very sensitive to reductions in power and any drop-off in current can cause the cooling fans and the red DVD laser to malfunction. So helpline staff are recommending that Xbox 360 gamers should plug their console directly into the wall.

If you're not entirely convinced by this explanation, you're not alone. Power surge protectors are designed to protect against lightning strikes and power surge blowouts.
This was in July this year though, i remember on a more technical site that the 360 PSU brick has built in surge protection and having to in series doesnt do it much good, sounds a bit of a cop out but worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom