Sky One - Colour of Magic

Baz

Baz

Soldato
Surprised I haven't heard about this before.

The team behind the successful Hogfather are making Pratchett's first book The Colour Of Money.

Looking at the cast, it looks like it's going to be a cracker :)

SIB

SIB

Associate
Coooooooooool, i've read all the Discworld books and Colour of Magic was one of my favourites

Soldato
looking forward to it. it'll be interesting to see if david jason actually carries rincewind off. i thought he was well cast for albert but i always saw rincewind as slightly younger, wiry and faster to be honest.

Soldato
true i always got the impression that he wasn't old in the way that the faculty were though. he was no ponder stibbons or anything but when wizards can live to well over 100 i'd have put him at 40-50ish. he always seemed fairly athletic and lean though these traits were admittedly borne out of necessity. i also remember he bore a bit of resentment towards older wizards in some passages.

RincewindTLH.png

David Jason he ain't

Soldato
Surprised I haven't heard about this before.

The team behind the successful Hogfather are making Pratchett's first book The Colour Of Money.

The colour of money you say!? :p

Great news though! I quite enjoyed the Hogfather adaptation, I wasn't expecting it to be fantastic, but I was pleasently surprised with it after being an (almost) life long fan of Terry Pratchett.

Soldato
i just hope the adaptations don't turn into a showcase for david jasons thespian abilities.

nigel planer possibly? masi oka from heroes as twoflower?

Soldato
I'm confused, Cohen the Barbarian never showed up in the Colour of Magic, Hrun the Barbarian was one of the main characters, Cohen never showed up until the Light Fantastic ... am I missing something?

Soldato
It is a film adaptation. Which means they will change things to suit the format.

Colour of Magic and Light Fantastic is the only 2 part novel he has done. They may well just be combining it all. After all, neither book is particularly long.

Associate
looking forward to it. it'll be interesting to see if david jason actually carries rincewind off. i thought he was well cast for albert but i always saw rincewind as slightly younger, wiry and faster to be honest.

I've always pictured Rincewind as a sort of failed post-grad, to be honest. Hence all the travelling.

Back
Top Bottom