• Alton Towers

Votes: 103 61.7%
  • London

Votes: 64 38.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Can't and won't are 2 very different things ;)
It was intended as a delete as applicable thing. :p
Sounds like a plan but if someone local doesn't take over though, will people go against the majority and go with the second highest location on the list? :confused: Someone that wants to take control should do. Set a place and date, go from there.
Well I suppose there is that problem. Perhaps we should say that the winning location has a certain number of votes in hand over the next placed location and if someone local is willing to organise a meet then we'll go there. If not we go to the second location and so on and so on until we end up in Iraq. :p

If the winning location doesn't have a certain majority, we could just run the top two again in a poll and see which wins the tie off.

Soldato
Right, since the poll is quite tight, I think it'd be good just to limit everyone to those two options and see where we end up.

Burnsy

Good idea. I wouldnt mind london, never been, alton towers has been blessed with my presence around 8 times?

Used to go with school every year, 4 years on the trot... then been with fam a few times.

you know something... no one said blackpool as a destination... too far north?

Soldato
I think alton towers is a good idea, we are bound to split up for the time we are there maybe stick in groups of 2/3 whatever but as long as we all meet up for food/ drinks/bbq afterwards I think it could work pretty well

Soldato
Well, we just keep contact nums dont we and just ring around find out whats happening and ring people who are lost, not around, etc... let them know... wouldnt be an issue tbh.

Also, people who have voted on one of the above cant revote!

not an issue i like what ive choosen anyway, alton for the win baby!!

Night all.

Soldato
London would be pretty easy, something like

Saturday am - Anyone that arrived on Friday eve/Sat morning can stroll around Oxford Street or do touristy stuff. Aim to meet at lunchtime around Oxford Street/TCR/Holborn area

Have lunch, then maybe walk up to Russell Square to do some bowling (always a laugh) plus they have pool tables and a decent bar (most important!)

Aprés bowling walk back into West end for food & drinks, tons of choices like Chinatown, TGI Fridays and suchlike. Then after that hit somewhere like an O'neills, cheesy tunes and more drinks. All pretty much suitable for everyone in my experience - however you'd likely need enough 'locals' up for it to provide a focal point for everyone else to join in.

Alton Towers would be cool too, obviously best thing being that no-one needs to 'organise' it so to speak, you pick a date and everyone turns up! :D

Last edited:

Vix

Vix

Associate
To the people who are unhappy about the two choices above, why not just arrange a somewhere close to you? People would turn up!!

We have had two very local meets for the past two Fridays (they ended up back at my house!). There are always people willing to meet other OcUKers.

I've just voted for London above and tipped the vote 17-18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom