Thinking about a new case...

Man of Honour
Needs to look good, easy to work with, lots of room and enough cooling for a clocked quad core and possibly two 8800 GTX's.

Thinking of the CoolerMaster Stacker 832 but it's a lot of money for a case IMO!

Bought my Coolermaster 5 years ago, still going strong. Best PC investment yet :D

Survived 5 upgrades, watercooling installation/uninstallation, various moves, lan parties and tweaks/mods. Still gets praise from folk too :)

Soldato
Bought my Coolermaster 5 years ago, still going strong. Best PC investment yet :D

Survived 5 upgrades, watercooling installation/uninstallation, various moves, lan parties and tweaks/mods. Still gets praise from folk too :)

That's because it's probably an ATC based case? Completely different to the current Coolermasters unfortunately.

I wouldn't buy the CM personally, I don't like the styling and the design is poor if you want to fit water cooling (probably not an issue for you). I'd be looking at a TJ-09 for that kind of money.

Soldato
im looking at moving to a lian li V series next :) looks like theres plenty of room to play with there!

Good choice, or you could go for one of the cases based on the designs.

Make sure you get one with the blower fan though, the original non+ versions wont handle a high end graphics card too well, especially not SLI if anyone is considering it with 8800's. :p

The + is fine though.

C64

C64

Soldato
I have an eclipse but i recommend you get a an antec p182 gunmetal or a lian li pc 7 +II.
Whilst i like my eclipse and got it for £78 new it's not worth £93-99 no way, i think it should be £60-£70.
Get one like this : Uncle-Argons rig from the antec 182 thread i believe it's the gunmetal p182 black.
Image00002.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
What about the ninehundred?

I have this case.

The airflow is amazingly brilliant.

HOWEVER it sucks in dust like a sodding hoover as it doesn't have any fan filters.

Also, cable management in the case is a joke. If you don't have a modular power supply you get a big birds nest at the bottom of the case.

Get the antec p182 as others have said. It's basically a bigger, better designed version of the antec 900 with the same airflow concept aswell.

Back
Top Bottom