Seagate or Western Digital?

Soldato
My maxtor SATAII 160gb is being generally gh3y atm, for space and for loading in games. It now even makes some weird noise that I have seen others report. I think it's on its way out so I want to get a bigger, quicker and more robust hdd.

I'm down to two choices, either seagate or western digital. I know both makes are brilliant, but are there any differences that should be make me choose one over the other?

cheers

Soldato
OP
Not bad, I'm undecided about the space. I tend to download a lot more now, but I still do a sort out every now and then.

Price wise, is the extra £££ worth it for 320gb or perhaps even 400-500gb?

Soldato
My maxtor drive is clicking and buzzing too now. Is going to die soon.

I think both seagate and western digital are equally good. Loads of people say western digital. But what is the difference for the price difference?

Associate
Dont forget the Samsungs, very good imho. if I have a choice, Samsung and WD = first, then SG.

The thing I *** about WD is the RMA policy. I will pay a little more sometimes for that alone.

Associate
i'm thinking i might go for a couple of 500Gig 7200.11's. i read the review on storagereview.com but i also read that they did the test on the multi-user version and not the 7200.11 (which is for home users or something).

Associate
********Thread Hijack :D ***********

would realy appreciate some advise we are going to buy a 500Gb Drive in the next few days and would like to know what you think WD AAKS or Seagate 7200.11 Series is the Seagate really worth the extra £25 ?

Back
Top Bottom