So i just came back from hospital.

Associate
broke my arm on saturday night, had to have a operation.

I managed to do it in a arm wrestle with a mate.... the thing just snapped and flopped onto the table.

I know have a metal plate in my arm and i have to go back for physio.

The main problem is that i run my own design business and there are a few projects starting.

I can't reach my mouse because my arm is at a right angle.

Anyone have any suggestions? lol

Soldato
broke my arm on saturday night, had to have a operation.

I managed to do it in a arm wrestle with a mate.... the thing just snapped and flopped onto the table.

I know have a metal plate in my arm and i have to go back for physio.

The main problem is that i run my own design business and there are a few projects starting.

I can't reach my mouse because my arm is at a right angle.

Anyone have any suggestions? lol

Don't get drunk and do silly things! Oh and on a more usefull not learn to use the mouse with your other hand feels really odd at fist but won't take long and it's useful for avoiding RSI long term to be able to swap!

Associate
Outsource your work to China/India?

Seriously.... don't you have some sort of insurance to cover loss or earnings when your not able to work? Or maybe you could hire some one temporary until you recover so you don't cause issues with your clients.

Man of Honour
Drink more milk :D, how weak our your bones.

on a more seriuse note, how about one of those mice you hold, with a roller ball on the thumb?

Soldato
I mangled my arm recently and its still healing, but I can use the mouse with it now.

Why don't you try using your other arm, I did.

Associate
I feel your pain, literally. Did a similar thing in July, broke my right elbow after a high speed collision with a dog. Its frustrating, had 3 weeks in a cast with no movement at all and its still not right. Once out of my cast had to do some desk re-arranging to be able to use the mouse and then gradually once movement returned you get used to it. All I need now is op number 2 to remove my pins and wire, they make quite an impressive x-ray.

Soldato
It's hard to do illustration work with my left hand when im naturally right handed. Will try though!
Ahh, that would be difficult. I'm lucky enough to be slightly ambidextrous, but I wouldn't be able to draw with my left hand.

Signing the release form for my operation left handed was interesting.

Soldato
I feel your pain, literally. Did a similar thing in July, broke my right elbow after a high speed collision with a dog. Its frustrating, had 3 weeks in a cast with no movement at all and its still not right. Once out of my cast had to do some desk re-arranging to be able to use the mouse and then gradually once movement returned you get used to it. All I need now is op number 2 to remove my pins and wire, they make quite an impressive x-ray.
My x-ray was more impressive than yours, so ner. :p

The first x-ray I had done after my operation you could see my humerus bone from my shoulder, then a big gap (no bone where there should be bone) with a metal plate and pins holding it together with my elbow. I'm glad to say I now have a full humerus.

Associate
OP

You getting yours removed??! maaaan, i have to have this plate in me forever... like robocop.... i feel violated

Soldato
touch screen? left hand? move the mouse? get an opticle if you havnt already?

loads of things you can do... obv broke my wrist before also lol, pain in my *** it was... took ages to get used to the cramps in my arm from the pos i help the mouse.

Associate
TBH I dont want them removed I like them, apart from then I catch my elbow on somthing and knock my pins. a lot of people seem quite off-put by them, I think it ads somthing and is a permenant reminder about what happens when you dick about. I found the incident quite amusing, but when you break you funny bone off I guess the fun has to go somwhere.

Back
Top Bottom