Samsung 245B Wow, wow, wow !!!

Associate
Just got this today.

Absolutley brilliant: 10/10. Got it on special offer from O/C last weekend for £300. Most bang for the buck computer piece of kit I have ever bought in 20 years of DIYing computers!!!

Fabulous. Maybe the DELL 2407 is a bit better for the hardcore graphics enthusiast but for someone who needs a general,large and widescreen monitor for gaming, DIYing my own videos and photos, and general windows work it's simply superb. :):):):):)

Man of Honour
Glad you like it. I was considering either the Samsung or the 2407 A04.. I've gone for the later but I'm sure I wouldn't have been disapointed. The only reason why i went for the Dell was because I've seen it playing etc.. So I went by this rather than a hunch.

Soldato
Loving my Sammy 245B, the magic brightness and custom and defined preset modes make life 10x more easier :) And thats not to mention the quality, sharp, colourful and well defined picture quality+ its solid matt black so not as good looking as piano black finish but it means no more having to wipe the dust and fingerprints every 5 minutes + its better looking in all black over the dell :)

To me its better then the dell 2407 which I considered for a lifetime, it fits my laziness with the presets and looks at sametime !

Associate
OP
Loving my Sammy 245B, the magic brightness and custom and defined preset modes make life 10x more easier :) And thats not to mention the quality, sharp, colourful and well defined picture quality+ its solid matt black so not as good looking as piano black finish but it means no more having to wipe the dust and fingerprints every 5 minutes + its better looking in all black over the dell :)

To me its better then the dell 2407 which I considered for a lifetime, it fits my laziness with the presets and looks at sametime !

It is a simply fantastic monitor, the best I have ever used and I have used thousands upon thousands of them at work. And all for 300 quid? How do they do it?

As I said earlier, for sure there will be better monitors out there with USB hubs and card readers etc etc. However, for many users this would be superbly adequate.

I cannot fault it in any way. I would recommend it unreservedly.

Soldato
dont any of you guys get slow downs when shutting your comp down with the samsung software ? drwin failed to initialize ? i had to uninstall samsung software because the delay in shutdown was too annoying...im on xp btw.

Associate
Any money I have left out of my Christmas presents savings will be going towards a monitor and a new video card. This Samsung will be a defintie contender, hopefully along with a 8800 GTS.

Last edited:
Associate
What's the 8800GTS like with it. I have a 7900GTX with that monitor and was wondering *** it be worth it upgrading to the GTS or better to go with the 8800GTX?

Also,little tip - Remove the stand and then take out the single screw so you can use portrait mode ;)
P1090155.jpg

Soldato
I got one and was suprised at all the negative reviews on this on the net, i can't find any flaws at all!

Ok one, SOME photos the flesh tones are a little red but i haven't calabrated my monitor yet, i've been looking on the net for advice on this but to joy

Associate
Got one aswell. well pleased with it

Thanks for the tip on portrait mode swivel aswell, i didnt think it was possible on this monitor, but now that it does its a massive bonus

I have a 8800 gts 640mb and everything seems fine so far @ 1920*1200

Soldato
I got one and was suprised at all the negative reviews on this on the net, i can't find any flaws at all!

Ok one, SOME photos the flesh tones are a little red but i haven't calabrated my monitor yet, i've been looking on the net for advice on this but to joy

Like where - Im a click away from buying this.... need to know all about it.

Soldato
well after i done a fresh install of windows...i didnt bother installing it again.
annoying having to use the buttons on the monitor to change everything but its better than getting those damn errors

Back
Top Bottom