Brazilian Grand Prix **SPOILERS**

Soldato
It would be a disaster for F1 if the title gets tossed around due to this, I'd rather watch paint dry than a 22 car lottery, where we find out the results weeks later from a French court.

Soldato
McLaren are going to appeal the decision. Will be a real shame if they take the title from Kimi. Hopefully the FIA do the right thing and don't punish the drivers, heck the McLaren drivers could easily have been thrown out of the championship so if the BMW & Williams drivers get penalised can you imagine the uproar that will cause.

Soldato
McLaren threw it away (if they thought the gearbox was faulty -which reportedly they did, they should have changed it even if that incured a 10 place penalty (think thats only engines though)

Didnt want Kimi to win it but its better than Alonso getting a 3rd.

Still think that first corner ferrari blocking manouver was un-necessary and childish (yes its happened before but still doesnt make it any less silly)

Associate
McLaren are going to appeal the decision. Will be a real shame if they take the title from Kimi. Hopefully the FIA do the right thing and don't punish the drivers, heck the McLaren drivers could easily have been thrown out of the championship so if the BMW & Williams drivers get penalised can you imagine the uproar that will cause.
The FIA won't disqualify the drivers, but I think on appeal they will fine the teams and dock them championship points.

I reckon that's all McLaren are after, a bit of fairness and equality in the sport. They got a massive fine and points deduction for a rule breach that was decided "on the balance of probabilities" but two teams have just got away with a clear violation. It's just the media that's blowing this up into a "Lewis could win the championship still!!!!1" frenzy.

Soldato
To be fair I dont think Hamilton would want to win it this way either

As stated thats probably all it is - supposedly little performance benefit so the Drivers dont deserve to be penalised -which means Hamilton shouldnt gain

McLaren should hang their heads in shame at throwing the title away in the last two races.

Associate
Ron and McLaren are spoiling F1 after all he cheated this year and the loser still drags the sport down.

n6c6yfku7.jpg

Associate
Interesting that before the race Bernie "I'm selling F1" Ecclestone said he wanted Kimi to win it. And lo, it came to pass.

Don't think Hamilton should get the championship on the basis of Williams and BMW being bumped out though.

Shame Ferrari won it, but there you go.

Soldato
it wouldnt seem totally right if Hamilton wins via the other cars being disqualified but lets just say this was for example the 3rd race of the season .. if as the rules state the cars had broken them it wouldnt seem like such a big thing

also, weve seen championships decided by cheating many times before, this would pale insignificance to those

Soldato
Interesting that before the race Bernie "I'm selling F1" Ecclestone said he wanted Kimi to win it. And lo, it came to pass.

Don't think Hamilton should get the championship on the basis of Williams and BMW being bumped out though.

Well Bernie really didn't know who he wanted to win IMO, he stated Hamilton at one point during the week. On ITV he stated that he wanted Alonso to win.

Didn't hear him say that he wanted Kimi to win but I can imagine that he said that as well. Just covering all the bases I assume.

Soldato

During the Grid Walk with Martin on ITV Bernie actually said he wanted Fernando to win as it would benefit the sport better, and that he'd like to see Lewis win it in the future to keep people interested.

It's more exciting to see a rookie chase a title than win it at his first attempt.

Back
Top Bottom