Wow, yellow writing appearing!

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Seems to uneedly clutter the forum. If you want to buy something from ocuk having taht there isn't going to sell it too you. Most people post spec topics etc constantly browsing the shop and updating their basket. I fail to see how its much of a selling point?

It might not appeal to you but others (including myself) will find it handy. It might not induce me to buy something specific in the way that a direct advert would but it will certainly make it easier to browse to the correct location once I've done my research.
I have bookmarks for other online stores and it would be as easy for me to click on one of those and navigate to the product I want as it would to click on the OcUK logo and navigate their shop. If there is a handy link to the correct section of the shop, I am more likely to click on that since it saves me the hassle of navigating through the shop.

At the end of the day, it won't put people off buying from the shop, it doesn't cost anything to implement, it doesn't really inconvenience anybody and it may get the shop a few more sales - so why not do it? As for it "uneedly" cluttering the forum - tosh and piffle. The main page is a gateway to the rest of the forums, most people only look at it for a few seconds at a time. Are you, and all the other detractors really trying to suggest that it lessens your enjoyment of the forums?

Vai

Vai

Soldato
i thought exactly the same thing!
ocukhere.PNG

just here

Perfect idea.
I wouldn't mind either way if it wasn't yellow though. Yellow is just makes it look ugly, so why use it :confused:

Soldato
Are you, and all the other detractors really trying to suggest that it lessens your enjoyment of the forums?

I dont like people trying to sell things to me for one. And why does it have to be in yellow which sticks out? You say your self that no one spends time on that page. Then surely it would be just as quick to click the ocuk logo then click processors then go back to the main page?

Man of Honour
I think it's a good idea to have it except yellow on blue is an absolutely disgusting combination and is not very aesthetically pleasing.

I disagree, nothing wrong with yellow on blue - it's fairly easy to read when done correctly. For example my old Amstrad CPC used Yellow-on-Blue as the default colour scheme on boot for BASIC, and I liked it so much that I still use it to this day for telnet sessions.

Soldato
Personally I have no problem with the yellow colour (red on blue would be awful from a readability point of view). I would also agree with the addition of a link at the top of the relevent forum as suggested above.

The change I would make on the front forum page would be from:

Check out the OcUK Case Range

to just

[OcUK Case Range]

and that would look less cluttered.

Soldato
I'd reather have another ad on top than annoying yellow text in the center of my monitor, Yellow reminds me of road works :( ( they always overwrite the white with yellow lines then ).

Also the dons always use this colour, makes me feel uncomfortable :p

Last edited:
Soldato
If the yellow annoys you that much, download stylish for Firefox and stick the following code into it...

Code:
@-moz-document domain(forums.overclockers.co.uk) {
    /*
    ** OcUK change yellow adverts
    ** Barney Lockwood
    */
    .smallfont a:link font{color: #fff !important;}
    .smallfont a:hover font{color: #eecc00 !important;}
}

Soldato
If the yellow annoys you that much, download stylish for Firefox and stick the following code into it...

Code:
@-moz-document domain(forums.overclockers.co.uk) {
    /*
    ** OcUK change yellow adverts
    ** Barney Lockwood
    */
    .smallfont a:link font{color: #fff !important;}
    .smallfont a:hover font{color: #eecc00 !important;}
}
Good man :)

Back
Top Bottom